Reforms to the Scribe of Justice

Moderator: Pharaoh

What system should be used for the prosecution of offences, provision of public defenders, and issuing of non-binding legal advice in Osiris?

The Pharaoh, the Vizier or a Scribe appointed by the Pharaoh and confirmed by the Deshret perform the tasks in question Edit
4
18%
The Keeper performs the tasks in question if the Pharaoh is being tried, otherwise the Pharaoh, the Vizier or a Scribe do Edit
7
32%
A Scribe appointed by the Pschent and confirmed by the Deshret performs the tasks in question Edit
5
23%
A Scribe elected by the Deshret performs the tasks in question Edit
5
23%
A rotating selection of the Elders of the Pschent perform the tasks in question Edit
1
5%
Another option (please specify through a post, if chosen) Edit
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 22
Victor Siege
Posts: 125
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:00 am
Location: WE CAN GO HIIIIIGHER

Reforms to the Scribe of Justice

Post by Victor Siege »

Is this the actual motion? May I second it?

If so, I second the motion.
User avatar
War Wombat
Posts: 1761
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:00 am

Reforms to the Scribe of Justice

Post by War Wombat »

I also second.
"As a marsupial, you provide the insult"

-TAO


Spoiler


Former Titles:
Spoiler
Keeper of the Deshret
Vizier of Osiris
Scribe of Culture
Assistant Director of the Diplomatic Service of Osiris
Ambassador of Osiris to The North Pacific
Ambassador of Osiris to the South Pacific (possibly)
Member of the Balder Riksdag
User avatar
Datford-Zyvetskistaahn
Posts: 259
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:00 am

Reforms to the Scribe of Justice

Post by Datford-Zyvetskistaahn »

Victor Siege wrote:Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:18 pmIs this the actual motion? May I second it?

If so, I second the motion.
So far as I am concerned, yes, that was, at last, the actual motion and you may :P
Possessor of a signature
User avatar
Andrew
Posts: 2146
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:00 am

Reforms to the Scribe of Justice

Post by Andrew »

I will put this to vote ASAP
Andrew Grey-Anumia
Spoiler
  • Former x2 term Minister of HA (TNP)
  • Incumbent Deputy Min. of HA (TNP)
  • Incumbent Court Justice (TNP)
  • NPA Corporal (TNP)
  • HA Mentoring Director (TNP)
  • x3 Keeper of the Osiran Deshret (Osiris)
  • x2 Scribe of Media (Osiris)
  • Sekhmet Legion Corporal (Osiris)
  • x3 Former Curator of the Deshret (Osiris)
  • Councilor of the Deshret
  • Former Deputy Director of the Assembly (Lazarus)
  • Former Minister of War (Balder)
  • Former Minister of Integration and Civic Service (Balder)
  • Jomskivikings (Balder)
  • x1 member of the Storting (Balder)
  • x2 Member of the Senat (La France)
  • x1 Prime Minister of La France
  • x2 Member of Parliament (CoDN)
  • Election Commissioner (TNP)
  • x1 Minister of Foreign Affairs (CoDN)
  • Interim Prime Minister (CoDN)
  • Citizen of every GCR except TEP and TRR, Former Citizen of Europeia, Spiritus and CoDN. Citizen of Albion, KBG, UK, BI and Alexandria
Spoiler
Victor Siege
Posts: 125
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:00 am
Location: WE CAN GO HIIIIIGHER

Reforms to the Scribe of Justice

Post by Victor Siege »

I'll be completely honest, I do not understand the proposal.

We're creating a new position to oversee trials but I'm not sure why.
User avatar
Datford-Zyvetskistaahn
Posts: 259
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:00 am

Reforms to the Scribe of Justice

Post by Datford-Zyvetskistaahn »

Presently, all trials are under the purview of the Scribe of Seshat, who is responsible to the Pharaoh (and, indeed, who's position could be removed entirely, with the Pharaoh overseeing it personally), this would include trials of the Pharaoh themselves. It is my view, and it appears the view of at least some others, that it would not be the best for justice in Osiris for the Pharaoh to be able to direct their own prosecution, for the Pharaoh has an obvious interest in not being prosecuted. The Bill, then, allows for the Keeper of the Deshret to prosecute, or appoint someone else to prosecute, in the extraordinary case of crimes allegedly committed by the Pharaoh.
Possessor of a signature
Victor Siege
Posts: 125
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:00 am
Location: WE CAN GO HIIIIIGHER

Reforms to the Scribe of Justice

Post by Victor Siege »

I see. Thank you for the concise explanation?
User avatar
Datford-Zyvetskistaahn
Posts: 259
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:00 am

Reforms to the Scribe of Justice

Post by Datford-Zyvetskistaahn »

Just to note, if I may, this is presently at vote here.
Possessor of a signature
User avatar
Datford-Zyvetskistaahn
Posts: 259
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:00 am

Reforms to the Scribe of Justice

Post by Datford-Zyvetskistaahn »

Seeing as this bill has spectacularly failed (though admittedly more spectacularly than I had thought likely), I'm going to let this lie and move onto another matter.
Possessor of a signature
Post Reply

Return to “Palace of the Deshret”