Reforms to the Scribe of Justice
Moderator: Pharaoh
-
Victor Siege
- Posts: 125
- Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:00 am
- Location: WE CAN GO HIIIIIGHER
Reforms to the Scribe of Justice
Is this the actual motion? May I second it?
If so, I second the motion.
If so, I second the motion.

- War Wombat
- Posts: 1761
- Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:00 am
Reforms to the Scribe of Justice
I also second.
"As a marsupial, you provide the insult"
-TAO

Former Titles:
-TAO

Spoiler

Former Titles:
Spoiler
Keeper of the Deshret
Vizier of Osiris
Scribe of Culture
Assistant Director of the Diplomatic Service of Osiris
Ambassador of Osiris to The North Pacific
Ambassador of Osiris to the South Pacific (possibly)
Member of the Balder Riksdag
Vizier of Osiris
Scribe of Culture
Assistant Director of the Diplomatic Service of Osiris
Ambassador of Osiris to The North Pacific
Ambassador of Osiris to the South Pacific (possibly)
Member of the Balder Riksdag
- Datford-Zyvetskistaahn
- Posts: 259
- Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:00 am
Reforms to the Scribe of Justice
So far as I am concerned, yes, that was, at last, the actual motion and you mayVictor Siege wrote:Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:18 pmIs this the actual motion? May I second it?
If so, I second the motion.
Possessor of a signature
Reforms to the Scribe of Justice
I will put this to vote ASAP
Andrew Grey-Anumia
Spoiler
- Former x2 term Minister of HA (TNP)
- Incumbent Deputy Min. of HA (TNP)
- Incumbent Court Justice (TNP)
- NPA Corporal (TNP)
- HA Mentoring Director (TNP)
- x3 Keeper of the Osiran Deshret (Osiris)
- x2 Scribe of Media (Osiris)
- Sekhmet Legion Corporal (Osiris)
- x3 Former Curator of the Deshret (Osiris)
- Councilor of the Deshret
- Former Deputy Director of the Assembly (Lazarus)
- Former Minister of War (Balder)
- Former Minister of Integration and Civic Service (Balder)
- Jomskivikings (Balder)
- x1 member of the Storting (Balder)
- x2 Member of the Senat (La France)
- x1 Prime Minister of La France
- x2 Member of Parliament (CoDN)
- Election Commissioner (TNP)
- x1 Minister of Foreign Affairs (CoDN)
- Interim Prime Minister (CoDN)
- Citizen of every GCR except TEP and TRR, Former Citizen of Europeia, Spiritus and CoDN. Citizen of Albion, KBG, UK, BI and Alexandria
Spoiler

-
Victor Siege
- Posts: 125
- Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:00 am
- Location: WE CAN GO HIIIIIGHER
Reforms to the Scribe of Justice
I'll be completely honest, I do not understand the proposal.
We're creating a new position to oversee trials but I'm not sure why.
We're creating a new position to oversee trials but I'm not sure why.

- Datford-Zyvetskistaahn
- Posts: 259
- Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:00 am
Reforms to the Scribe of Justice
Presently, all trials are under the purview of the Scribe of Seshat, who is responsible to the Pharaoh (and, indeed, who's position could be removed entirely, with the Pharaoh overseeing it personally), this would include trials of the Pharaoh themselves. It is my view, and it appears the view of at least some others, that it would not be the best for justice in Osiris for the Pharaoh to be able to direct their own prosecution, for the Pharaoh has an obvious interest in not being prosecuted. The Bill, then, allows for the Keeper of the Deshret to prosecute, or appoint someone else to prosecute, in the extraordinary case of crimes allegedly committed by the Pharaoh.
Possessor of a signature
-
Victor Siege
- Posts: 125
- Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:00 am
- Location: WE CAN GO HIIIIIGHER
- Datford-Zyvetskistaahn
- Posts: 259
- Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:00 am
Reforms to the Scribe of Justice
Just to note, if I may, this is presently at vote here.
Possessor of a signature
- Datford-Zyvetskistaahn
- Posts: 259
- Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:00 am
Reforms to the Scribe of Justice
Seeing as this bill has spectacularly failed (though admittedly more spectacularly than I had thought likely), I'm going to let this lie and move onto another matter.
Possessor of a signature