[Discussion] TRR Non-Aggression Pact

Moderator: Pharaoh

User avatar
Zaolat
Posts: 603
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:00 am

[Discussion] TRR Non-Aggression Pact

Post by Zaolat »

Venico BrightAxe wrote:Wed May 28, 2014 4:16 pmI really don't appreciate my views being called "purist raider" when that is not at all what I've argued. There are plenty of other regions that are stronger militarily, culturally, and even in membership. But we want to open up relations with TRR because we're "Sister Sinkers" which is absolute bull shit. That is a terrible way to conduct foreign relations and we've seen previous pacts that were based solely on the premise of Sinker Solidarity crash and burn.

I don't see a reason for us to open relations with TRR when there are plenty of other regions that we can get the same if not more benefit from. Besides "Omg we want to be the best Sinker buddies ever."
Sorry, but I see absolutely no empirical fact of cons in that argument. Just personal opinion with no helpful value to the discussion. Venico, you Raid and you RP. Yes, you do get into politics, but not like a Sinkertie or an Imperialist. Your view is more akin to a Raider Purist, thus the broad grouping. I'm not saying that this is absolutely that, but it's close enough in this context.

I'm not stupid.
Zaolat
The First Pharaoh, Pharaoh Emeritus

Spoiler
Avakael wrote:If the UDL is an NGO, then the LKE is very clearly conducting a war on terrorism. Terrorism perpetuated by the United Defenders League, lead by a man who has shaped his organization to have a culture of wishing to wear tights, live in forests, and possibly even dress up as furries, something which only Todd McCloud may do. I believe this war, therefore, should not be a matter of raiding and defending. It's a matter of moral decency. Don't wear tights. Don't live in forests. Don't dress up and roleplay as animals. It's wrong, and the LKE is taking the initiative to exterminate this horrible organization.
<+Zaolat> you know I hear if a man eats lots of pineapples and it's juice good things happen
<+Xoriet> :D
<+Xoriet> Awesome
<@Venico> Sigged
<+Xoriet> VENICO
<+Zeorus> XD
<@Venico> Xoriet! <3
<+Xoriet> I meant Nox's Nether Faerie Dragon ;x;
<@Venico> Uh huh, Sure
<+Xoriet> I didn't even see Zao's thing
<+Xoriet> ;x;
<+Xoriet> I hate you all
<@Venico> Nope
<@Venico> That's copyright
<@Venico> Night Father TM
<@Treize_Dreizehn> <Xoriet> I didn't even see Zao's thing <--- That's what she said.
<@Treize_Dreizehn> my work here is done
<@Venico> Did the pineapple improve it Xoriet?
<+Xoriet> Now I really hold deep loathing for all of you ={
User avatar
Venico
Posts: 1221
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:00 am

[Discussion] TRR Non-Aggression Pact

Post by Venico »

I've offered alternatives to TRR like 10KI. Hell I'll even offer another one. Spiritus. A NAP with Spiritus would show that the old hostilities between our one enemy and us are buried.

But no, you can dismiss my opinions because they're entirely militarily and ideologically based. I'm just a big dumb raider who hates all defenders clearly. Dumb Venico no understand politics.


~First Lord of Giza~

The Axe of Osiris
User avatar
Zaolat
Posts: 603
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:00 am

[Discussion] TRR Non-Aggression Pact

Post by Zaolat »

Venico BrightAxe wrote:Wed May 28, 2014 5:39 pmI've offered alternatives to TRR like 10KI. Hell I'll even offer another one. Spiritus. A NAP with Spiritus would show that the old hostilities between our one enemy and us are buried.

But no, you can dismiss my opinions because they're entirely militarily and ideologically based. I'm just a big dumb raider who hates all defenders clearly. Dumb Venico no understand politics.
10KI is more irrelevant in comparison to TRR, same with Spiritus. The reason why? Because with GCRs, GCRs have a higher priority with each other then a majority of UCRs. Yes, there are UCRs that are relevant to OFO, but politically and militarily 10KI/Spiritus would not be in our best interests for a NAP. Whereas all three are Defender, only TRR is more than just that and that's being a Sinker.

You're not stupid, I just don't think you understand as well because you weren't "raised" in a GCR from either being in a GCR since nearly day one of your existence in the game or during the surge of GCR relevancy to gameplay as a whole, which started around 2010 and onward.
Zaolat
The First Pharaoh, Pharaoh Emeritus

Spoiler
Avakael wrote:If the UDL is an NGO, then the LKE is very clearly conducting a war on terrorism. Terrorism perpetuated by the United Defenders League, lead by a man who has shaped his organization to have a culture of wishing to wear tights, live in forests, and possibly even dress up as furries, something which only Todd McCloud may do. I believe this war, therefore, should not be a matter of raiding and defending. It's a matter of moral decency. Don't wear tights. Don't live in forests. Don't dress up and roleplay as animals. It's wrong, and the LKE is taking the initiative to exterminate this horrible organization.
<+Zaolat> you know I hear if a man eats lots of pineapples and it's juice good things happen
<+Xoriet> :D
<+Xoriet> Awesome
<@Venico> Sigged
<+Xoriet> VENICO
<+Zeorus> XD
<@Venico> Xoriet! <3
<+Xoriet> I meant Nox's Nether Faerie Dragon ;x;
<@Venico> Uh huh, Sure
<+Xoriet> I didn't even see Zao's thing
<+Xoriet> ;x;
<+Xoriet> I hate you all
<@Venico> Nope
<@Venico> That's copyright
<@Venico> Night Father TM
<@Treize_Dreizehn> <Xoriet> I didn't even see Zao's thing <--- That's what she said.
<@Treize_Dreizehn> my work here is done
<@Venico> Did the pineapple improve it Xoriet?
<+Xoriet> Now I really hold deep loathing for all of you ={
User avatar
Vaculatestar
Posts: 1047
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:00 am
Location: state secret

[Discussion] TRR Non-Aggression Pact

Post by Vaculatestar »

I can see that this may be heading to a more personal argument so I'm going to change direction here.

Sorry Cormac but I'm going to play devils advocate here for a minute.

Just as we are attempting to improve our standing in the world with this, what are the odds that Unibot, given his track record, is not truly extending an olive branch but is actually attempting to improve his standing in the world by showing that he can be friendly towards the R side of R/D? After all it is no secret that he is possibly the least popular GCR delegate in the game.
"Revenge is not my purpose my friend. Victory is, you can have your revenge afterword." -Jack of Spades
Spoiler
Kingdom of Great Britain- Prince Royal, Lord of Parliament, First Lord of the Admiralty
The Kingdom of Kvatch- King
Den- Corporal
User avatar
Zaolat
Posts: 603
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:00 am

[Discussion] TRR Non-Aggression Pact

Post by Zaolat »

Vaculatestar wrote:Wed May 28, 2014 6:48 pmI can see that this may be heading to a more personal argument so I'm going to change direction here.

Sorry Cormac but I'm going to play devils advocate here for a minute.

Just as we are attempting to improve our standing in the world with this, what are the odds that Unibot, given his track record, is not truly extending an olive branch but is actually attempting to improve his standing in the world by showing that he can be friendly towards the R side of R/D? After all it is no secret that he is possibly the least popular GCR delegate in the game.
Then they get called on it and bashed for it. That's a loss on their side, but I'd imagine the other GCRs and relevant UCRs would side with us.

Secondly, I doubt it would come to that, at least concerning Osiris alone.
Zaolat
The First Pharaoh, Pharaoh Emeritus

Spoiler
Avakael wrote:If the UDL is an NGO, then the LKE is very clearly conducting a war on terrorism. Terrorism perpetuated by the United Defenders League, lead by a man who has shaped his organization to have a culture of wishing to wear tights, live in forests, and possibly even dress up as furries, something which only Todd McCloud may do. I believe this war, therefore, should not be a matter of raiding and defending. It's a matter of moral decency. Don't wear tights. Don't live in forests. Don't dress up and roleplay as animals. It's wrong, and the LKE is taking the initiative to exterminate this horrible organization.
<+Zaolat> you know I hear if a man eats lots of pineapples and it's juice good things happen
<+Xoriet> :D
<+Xoriet> Awesome
<@Venico> Sigged
<+Xoriet> VENICO
<+Zeorus> XD
<@Venico> Xoriet! <3
<+Xoriet> I meant Nox's Nether Faerie Dragon ;x;
<@Venico> Uh huh, Sure
<+Xoriet> I didn't even see Zao's thing
<+Xoriet> ;x;
<+Xoriet> I hate you all
<@Venico> Nope
<@Venico> That's copyright
<@Venico> Night Father TM
<@Treize_Dreizehn> <Xoriet> I didn't even see Zao's thing <--- That's what she said.
<@Treize_Dreizehn> my work here is done
<@Venico> Did the pineapple improve it Xoriet?
<+Xoriet> Now I really hold deep loathing for all of you ={
User avatar
Cormac
Posts: 5085
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:00 am
Contact:

Honors

[Discussion] TRR Non-Aggression Pact

Post by Cormac »

New draft, addressing some ambiguity concerns in the second and fourth clauses that TRR pointed out to us:
Non-Aggression Pact between Osiris and The Rejected Realms

Recognising that the past has been mired with diplomatic conflict and miscommunication between our regions,

Believing that any positive future relationship between our regions must first begin with mutual respect, recognition, and peace,

Both parties hereby:

1. Recognize the governments legally established under the Constitution of The Rejected Realms and the State Code of Osiris, and any legal successor governments thereto, as the legitimate governments of The Rejected Realms and Osiris, respectively.

2. Respect the right of these legitimate governments to govern their respective home regions.

3. Vow neither to invade the home region of the other party nor to participate in any action with the intent to overthrow their legitimate government as recognised in this Pact.

4. Understand that the parties are expected not to circumvent this agreement nor undermine its terms in any way, including through third parties.
This will also be posted in the OP. Broader objections aside, are there objections to the new wording?

I would still like to delay a motion to vote until we're 100% sure TRR has no other issues with the text.
His Majesty Cormac Skollvaldr
Bru'uh of Osiris - Co-Founder of the Osiris Fraternal Order
Hasal-Pharaoh of Osiris (3x)
Khetemtai in the House of Osiris

"Follow your arrow wherever it points." - Kacey Musgraves, "Follow Your Arrow"
User avatar
Venico
Posts: 1221
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:00 am

[Discussion] TRR Non-Aggression Pact

Post by Venico »

New wording seems more clean and less rushed. VeniProved.


~First Lord of Giza~

The Axe of Osiris
User avatar
shetef
Diplomat
Diplomat
Posts: 1527
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:00 am

[Discussion] TRR Non-Aggression Pact

Post by shetef »

Seems fine to me.
nobody of consequence
User avatar
Asvars
Posts: 460
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:00 am

[Discussion] TRR Non-Aggression Pact

Post by Asvars »

General objection to the entire endeavor aside, this is better than the last draft, yes.
User avatar
Vaculatestar
Posts: 1047
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:00 am
Location: state secret

[Discussion] TRR Non-Aggression Pact

Post by Vaculatestar »

I echo those sentiments.
"Revenge is not my purpose my friend. Victory is, you can have your revenge afterword." -Jack of Spades
Spoiler
Kingdom of Great Britain- Prince Royal, Lord of Parliament, First Lord of the Admiralty
The Kingdom of Kvatch- King
Den- Corporal
Post Reply

Return to “Palace of the Deshret”