[Passed] Reducing Statelessness

Archive of General Assembly proposal discussion threads.

Moderators: Pharaoh, Sub-Vizier, Vizier, Chief Vizier

Adytus

Post by Adytus »

Description: Aware that people have been deprived of their citizenship by unscrupulous states to prevent them from exercising their societally guaranteed political rights,

Believing that this unjustly prevents people from exercising those rights to which they are rightfully entailed, and

This august World Assembly hereby:

Prohibits nations from depriving a national of their nationality should such an action leave that national stateless; mandates that no national will be deprived of their nationality without the due process of law;

Expands the remit of the Global Emigration, Security, Travel And Passport Organisation, hereafter referred as the Passport Organisation, to include the issuance of World Assembly identification documents and passports to the former nationals of member states who have been deprived of their nationality by their government;

Determines that nations are to recognise passports verifiably and legitimately issued by both other member nations and by constituted World Assembly agencies as valid passports; reminds member nations that no mandates are here imposed on the nature of their border controls; and

Requires that these passports follow the Passport Organisation's international norms on the standards for security and identification in all internationally recognised passports.
The Anarchic Republic of AdytusLord Sarah of House Rahl, the Mirkhan Clan Syb: Ady is my favorite pervy CV.
Wrek: Adytus is just the personification of 69.
Adytus

Post by Adytus »

Civil rights is what I want. I am voting for this.
The Anarchic Republic of AdytusLord Sarah of House Rahl, the Mirkhan Clan Syb: Ady is my favorite pervy CV.
Wrek: Adytus is just the personification of 69.
Transdavisia

Post by Transdavisia »

aye

[11:18:38 PM] Knot: Brihimia wins gold.
Spoiler
Der Angreifer

Post by Der Angreifer »

Against.
TKae

Post by TKae »

For.
The Free Territories of TKae

Live Free or Die
Der Angreifer

Post by Der Angreifer »

Reducing Statelessness was passed 14,100 votes to 3,517.

Return to “Shrine of Amun”