Page 1 of 2

Discussion Thread: New Atef Nominations

Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:36 pm
by Treize Dreizehn
I am opening up the floor, at the request of the Pharaoh, for nominations for the Atef.

Suggested guidelines:

People who either apply or are nominated by a Counciler should be willing to commit to at least 3 months of WA immobility, and be trusted long term member of the region.

I'd like to open by saying that Severison and Revert seemed to have pretty strong support in the aborted vote, and should probably be strongly considered as options going forward. We'd ideally have 3 more people to include(for a total of 5) but there's no required number.

Discussion Thread: New Atef Nominations

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:15 am
by Cormac
I don't have any suggestions beyond Severisen and Revert. Most of our citizens prefer WA mobility.

Discussion Thread: New Atef Nominations

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:58 am
by Lord Ravenclaw
That is the problem I've faced, I've spent the better part of a month umming and ahhhhing over prospective names.

Discussion Thread: New Atef Nominations

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:33 am
by shetef
If it's not problematic for me to be both Scribe and Guardian, I would like to volunteer my WA. I don't have any pressing desire or need to be WA mobile right now (Sekhmet seems to prefer majors and I can continue with Jomsvikings in an advisory capacity).

Discussion Thread: New Atef Nominations

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:36 am
by Lord Ravenclaw
The worry was that we'd restrict our military forces by using the military and there was already concern expressed when I wanted to appoint Ygfbv as Vizier.

Discussion Thread: New Atef Nominations

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:28 pm
by Treize Dreizehn
Lord Ravenclaw wrote:Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:36 pmThe worry was that we'd restrict our military forces by using the military and there was already concern expressed when I wanted to appoint Ygfbv as Vizier.
It sounds like Zeorus is saying he doesn't really care to be active in the military right now, so that's at least something. I'd definitely support him as an option. At the very least three is a good number to have. I think two is just too few.

Discussion Thread: New Atef Nominations

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:34 pm
by Cormac
From a legal perspective, there's no restriction in the State Code against Scribes serving on the Atef so nominating Zeorus would be entirely legal.

Regarding not taking members from the military, I think it might be unavoidable -- as we simply don't have many people who are willing to be WA immobile. Zeorus is a trusted member of the community so if he's sure that he doesn't mind being WA immobile, I would certainly support his confirmation along with those of Severisen and Revert if the Pharaoh chooses to nominate him.

I would also suggest Josh Sebastian and Jurisdictions, if they're interested, except that for some reason we've prohibited Elders of the Pschent from serving on the Atef. I think we did that because the Atef is technically part of the Executive, but given that the Atef is simply a security council I'm not sure that poses too much of a conflict of interest. Nonetheless, the State Code would need to be amended before anyone could serve on both bodies.

Discussion Thread: New Atef Nominations

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:44 pm
by North East Somerset
Hmm, all the suggested appointments seem good. 3 would seem a good number though, if Zeorus wanted then thats definitely an option.

Discussion Thread: New Atef Nominations

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:29 pm
by shetef
I'm planning on retiring from NS military life with the exception of Jomsvikings in an advisory capacity, so yes, I have absolutely no problem with WA immobility at this time.

Discussion Thread: New Atef Nominations

Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:52 am
by Lord Ravenclaw
Very well, I have no issues nominating Zeorus for the Atef.