Page 3 of 4

[SPLIT] Governer-General Discussion

Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:28 pm
by War Wombat
Koth wrote:Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:27 pmAnd do what with it? Expend effort on recruiting and making it active when that effort could be used to actually help Osiris?

Count me out.
No. Of course not! I meant to oppress it. We are supposed to be Imperialists, after all :P.

[SPLIT] Governer-General Discussion

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:30 am
by Severisen Montresor
As a point of order, there are minimum discussion periods that are not being adhered to. Proposals do not go to vote as soon as seconds are made; this is something we need to keep in mind.

To top that off, TWO seconds are required before anything may go to vote. This had only one.

We did write these laws, with good reasoning, so I think it prudent that we follow them.

[SPLIT] Governer-General Discussion

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:01 pm
by Andrew
Severisen Montresor wrote:Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:30 pmAs a point of order, there are minimum discussion periods that are not being adhered to. Proposals do not go to vote as soon as seconds are made; this is something we need to keep in mind.

To top that off, TWO seconds are required before anything may go to vote. This had only one.

We did write these laws, with good reasoning, so I think it prudent that we follow them.
:facepalm:

A good, well made Severisen. I presume on such grounds, that two seconds are required instead of only one, that is cause to invalidate the ongoing vote for repeal. I will then do so.

[SPLIT] Governer-General Discussion

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:34 pm
by North East Somerset
TWO seconds are required before anything may go to vote
I counted 3 minutes...

:ninja:

[SPLIT] Governer-General Discussion

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:48 pm
by Severisen Montresor
I will spare the Deshret the chidish joke I was about to make. You can surmise that which I was about to say, I have no doubts.









:eyebrows: :rofl:

[SPLIT] Governer-General Discussion

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:52 pm
by Ivo
;)

[SPLIT] Governer-General Discussion

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:31 pm
by North East Somerset
Colonies have never worked in NS, the dynamics of the game simply don't present any logical reason for them to exist. The legislation was introduced by Venico for precisely the concept of regions captured by the Legion being "more than" a Trophy. But on what basis? There's little doubt in my mind, given the present context of Osiris, there is absolutely no point having this legislation on the books.

[SPLIT] Governer-General Discussion

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:16 am
by Datford-Zyvetskistaahn
Presuming that it is necessary for me to again do so, now that the mandatory consideration period has elapsed (I think), I again move to vote. Any seconds?

[SPLIT] Governer-General Discussion

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:39 pm
by Severisen Montresor
I do not believe addition motions or seconds are required. In the event they are deemed to be so, I second.

[SPLIT] Governer-General Discussion

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:16 pm
by Andrew
Severisen Montresor wrote:Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:39 pmI do not believe addition motions or seconds are required. In the event they are deemed to be so, I second.
Do I see a third?