Page 2 of 4
[SPLIT] Governer-General Discussion
Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:55 am
by Datford-Zyvetskistaahn
The Islamic Republics of Iran seems to have been understood to be a colony, due to the first section containing two methods by which a region may become a colony, namely:
A) Refounded by the Legion; or
B) Requested colonial status and was approved by both this place and the Pharaoh
IRoI was understood to have qualified through the former, and had one "Koth" appointed to govern it, by virtue of that. Venico BrightAxe was appointed as Governor-General in the same vote appointing the aforesaid "Koth" as Governor of IRoI (though IRoI may no longer have a Governor, if its Governor lost membership of the Deshret, the Governor-General would remain such unless they resigned their position or were recalled).
(
Linky to vote on appointments)
[SPLIT] Governer-General Discussion
Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:56 pm
by Tim Stark
Honestly, I think that's pretty dumb, I always just considered IRI a trophy, nothing more. If we're going to be forced to make reports on regions we refound and then leave lying as trophies, due to this act, I've got half a mind to just draft up a repeal of it, and welcome folks to accuse me of trying to remove our Imperialist roots if I do. I imagine if I wanted to do that, I'd have done it during my 6 months as Pharaoh.
[SPLIT] Governer-General Discussion
Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:43 pm
by Koth
[7:40:18 PM] Dave: Governer-General Venico, pursuant to Section 3.2 of the god awful Colonies and Territories Act, it is my duty as Pharaoh of Osiris to remind you that since a new executive has been elected, you must give me a summary of the state of the colony of Islamic Republics of Iran.
[7:40:34 PM] Dave: (just say it's fucking inactive so I can post this log to the Deshret and shut them up)
[7:41:35 PM] Venico: The current state is long schlong dimmidy diddle squat is happening in there.
[7:41:49 PM] Dave: Thank you for the report, Governer-General
[7:41:55 PM] Venico: As always Pharaoh
Can we close this thread now?
[SPLIT] Governer-General Discussion
Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:44 pm
by Tim Stark
Hail the Pharaoh's pragmatic measures to silence this topic.
[SPLIT] Governer-General Discussion
Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:02 pm
by Ainocra
I dunno, I think we need more information about what type of squat and whose doing all this squatting?
laf
[SPLIT] Governer-General Discussion
Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:37 am
by Datford-Zyvetskistaahn
I thank the Pharaoh for His prompt and concise response to this issue. Seeing as there seems to be little support for the Act, and to save the prospective Scribe of Justice some time, I'd bring forward the following Bill:
Colonies and Territories Act Repeal Bill wrote:
Section 1: Repeal of the Colonies and Territories Act
1. The Colonies and Territories Act is repealed in entirety.
And move to vote.
[SPLIT] Governer-General Discussion
Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:04 pm
by War Wombat
We could always use it for something other than a trophy.
[SPLIT] Governer-General Discussion
Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:27 pm
by Koth
And do what with it? Expend effort on recruiting and making it active when that effort could be used to actually help Osiris?
Count me out.
[SPLIT] Governer-General Discussion
Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:18 pm
by Tim Stark
I second the proposed repeal.
[SPLIT] Governer-General Discussion
Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:21 pm
by Andrew
Tim Stark wrote:Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:18 pmI second the proposed repeal.
I will put this to vote.