[Defeated] Commend BearNation

Moderator: Pharaoh

Tim Stark

Post by Tim Stark »

Commend BearNation
A resolution to recognize outstanding contribution by a nation or region.

Category: Commendation | Nominee: BearNation | Proposed by: The Stalker
Description: The Security Council,

Applauding BearNation's 11+ years of devoted service to educating and building the communities of Nationstates,

Celebrating the numerous literary contributions BearNation has made, authoring dozens of articles for prominent newspaper organizations including The Rejected Times, Hell's Bells, and their blog; Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Philosophy,

Valuing BearNation's desire to spread knowledge through their educational writings that offer helpful advice on daily issues and national strategies,

Admiring BearNation's promotion of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) equal rights throughout Nationstates,

Recognizing BearNation is serving their sixth year as the elected WA delegate and founder of Gay,

Further Applauding BearNation's contributions to the community of Gay including:
• Striving to make it a safe haven and growing the region's population to a record high,
• Authoring Gay's 2nd & 3rd Constitution and documenting the region's history,
• Teaching people about safer sex by authoring educational articles on the subject,

Observing BearNation also controls Dr George and has been the founder of Philosophy 115 since 2005,

Appreciating the unique culture developed within Philosophy 115, the atmosphere of a college classroom where they actively promote the study of philosophy and class is always in session,

Impressed by the extensive ambassadorial network run by BearNation through both the regions of Gay and Philosophy 115 spanning several dozen prominent communities which they actively engage with,

Believing BearNation has made a positive impact on the communities of Nationstates and is a nation we can all learn from,

Hereby Commends BearNation.
As this has 120 approvals, it's definitely going to come to vote, and is in the queue after Commend Nation of Quebec. I've got the thread up early to ensure we can get voting done early.

Anyways, I really see no reason to not vote in support of this Commendation. BearNation has been a great influence within Gameplay, as outlined in the proposal, and has a long record of creating positive communities and being a friendly presence within the game. His work with Gay, in particular, has been of substantial significance, and it's been a beacon of acceptance for LGBTQ+ rights in NS. So, my vote is aye, what are yours?
Tim Stark Objectively Osiris' 2nd Best Pharaoh
Kyorgia

Post by Kyorgia »

Nay. Because of what Cormac has told us about gay and raiders.
From here and on: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopi ... #p26763597
Spoiler
Spoiler
Firehelm: Lord General
HYDRA Command: Captain
Osiris: Curator x2, Scribe of Culture X2, Deputy Scribe
Grand Central: Regent of Military Affairs
Lazarus: Citizen, People's Congress member
The Rejected Realms: Officer of Human Resources, Officer of Internal Affairs x2, Officer of Outreach, Speaker x2
The Roman Empire: Legatus
Balder: Member of the Riksdag, Member of the Storting x6, Lawspeaker x2, Statsaraadet of integration, Statsminister
Tim Stark

Post by Tim Stark »

I should note that as of this post, BearNation took Cormac's words to heart and will be adjusting that in the Constitution. Given that I'm not sure how long it takes for laws to happen in Gay, trust BearNation's character, and think it'd be a shame if we killed it just because of one thing that he also now plans to change, I'd argue we should still vote aye.

Vote stands at 1-1-0 right now.
Transdavisia

Post by Transdavisia »

I have approved this with my WA (a delegate) and am prepared to vote for it.

[11:18:38 PM] Knot: Brihimia wins gold.
Spoiler
Tim Stark

Post by Tim Stark »

Vote stands at 2-1-0.

By the way, to clarify real quick my WA policy for this term. I will go whichever way the forum vote goes, and will stack on every resolution I can, hence why these threads will be going up ahead of time. If the vote is tied, I'll try to go by the regional vote.
Kyorgia

Post by Kyorgia »

Tim Stark wrote:Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:16 amI should note that as of this post, BearNation took Cormac's words to heart and will be adjusting that in the Constitution. Given that I'm not sure how long it takes for laws to happen in Gay, trust BearNation's character, and think it'd be a shame if we killed it just because of one thing that he also now plans to change, I'd argue we should still vote aye.

Vote stands at 1-1-0 right now.
I was not aware of this as I posted. With this knowledge I abstain as I am still not convinced that it will happen.
Spoiler
Spoiler
Firehelm: Lord General
HYDRA Command: Captain
Osiris: Curator x2, Scribe of Culture X2, Deputy Scribe
Grand Central: Regent of Military Affairs
Lazarus: Citizen, People's Congress member
The Rejected Realms: Officer of Human Resources, Officer of Internal Affairs x2, Officer of Outreach, Speaker x2
The Roman Empire: Legatus
Balder: Member of the Riksdag, Member of the Storting x6, Lawspeaker x2, Statsaraadet of integration, Statsminister
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Dunno the guy, but looked at the thread and am gonna vote abstain.
Andrew Grey-Anumia
Spoiler
  • Former x2 term Minister of HA (TNP)
  • Incumbent Deputy Min. of HA (TNP)
  • Incumbent Court Justice (TNP)
  • NPA Corporal (TNP)
  • HA Mentoring Director (TNP)
  • x3 Keeper of the Osiran Deshret (Osiris)
  • x2 Scribe of Media (Osiris)
  • Sekhmet Legion Corporal (Osiris)
  • x3 Former Curator of the Deshret (Osiris)
  • Councilor of the Deshret
  • Former Deputy Director of the Assembly (Lazarus)
  • Former Minister of War (Balder)
  • Former Minister of Integration and Civic Service (Balder)
  • Jomskivikings (Balder)
  • x1 member of the Storting (Balder)
  • x2 Member of the Senat (La France)
  • x1 Prime Minister of La France
  • x2 Member of Parliament (CoDN)
  • Election Commissioner (TNP)
  • x1 Minister of Foreign Affairs (CoDN)
  • Interim Prime Minister (CoDN)
  • Citizen of every GCR except TEP and TRR, Former Citizen of Europeia, Spiritus and CoDN. Citizen of Albion, KBG, UK, BI and Alexandria
Spoiler
Ivo

Post by Ivo »

Against.

Posts from Cassius, Mouse, and Todd sum up my opinion perfectly.
Mousebumples wrote:
Consular wrote: And vague promises of change, only when pressured by all this criticism, aren't particularly inspiring. Why should we commend on the assumption he'll do something good in the future?
This. 100% this. When Gay changes their policies, and BearNation leads the charge to do so, I may be willing to revisit my personal opposition to this. However, it's easy enough to say you'll do something and then fail to follow through once the Commendation has already passed.
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic ... #p27391200
Todd McCloud wrote:Personally, I find the discrimination against raiders to be a bit hypocritical, and not quite understood in a founded region that suggests it promotes tolerance. My opinion has not changed and I still vote it down.
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic ... #p27408513

The vote is 2-1-2 now.
Councilor of the Deshret
Spoiler
Scribe of Justice
Deputy Scribe of Justice
Deputy Scribe of War
Lieutenant General of The Sekhmet Legion

Tomb

Post by Tomb »

Against...
Tomb
Former Citizen, Councilor, Scribe of Culture, Scribe of World Assembly Affairs, Deputy Scribe of World Assembly Affairs, and Keeper of the Deshret.

Tim Stark

Post by Tim Stark »

Vote stands at 2-1-2.

In such a circumstance, that is in a tie, I'll be deferring to the Regional Vote which is 15-10, so I'll keep voting aye.

Return to “Shrine of Ra (Security Council)”