Cormac wrote:All treaties will be subjected to a re-vote within ninety days due to the expanded membership of the Deshret as well as the new, higher threshold of two-thirds for ratification of treaties. Any treaty that isn't re-ratified within ninety days is repealed.
Cormac wrote:
Some of our treaty provisions are also a disaster, and without putting a timer on them, they will not be corrected.
Nonetheless, I can see that you care more about the welfare of imperialist regions than you do Osiris
I think this is absolutely absurd for the record.
I'm not convinced in having all citizens being part of the Deshret is a worthwhile idea, nor will opening it up to all citizens necessarily solve any activity issues, I know from experience. If that's what we collectively want to do, then fine. But this Deshret is already essentially open, all you have to do is sign up.
Automatically enrolling people is not going to bring quality new members, and it will also reduce the desirability and prestige of membership. Additionally, unless the current activity standards are imposed, it'll mean potentially lots of new members who only turn up to vote for R/D matters, and have no real interest or stake in OFO's wellbeing.
The other major change, is that of the Executive, and I think both versions are rather dangerously light on detail. Are the 3 month terms absolute cycles? What happens when an Officer resigns, is an election immediately held and then their 3 month terms are out of sync?
As the Hedjet is essentially the Cabinet, in the apparently preferred version 2, how could this function with only 2 members: the Pharaoh and Vizier. All the rest of the Cabinet would be Deputies? Why not just retain the current system over version 2 as its essentially the same but better written. Only version 1 is worth amending the law about because its actually a different system.