[Discussion] Colonies and Territories Act
Moderator: Pharaoh
[Discussion] Colonies and Territories Act
I wouldn't mind. Other than an embarrassing incident in which I let Boduin cease to exist a couple days ago due to my inactivity (which I have since returned from), I've helped keep Osiris's only colony alive this long.
I'd wait for Venico's opinion of this stance before moving forward with this idea. However, it gives me warm fuzzies that you guys trust me with this stuff <3
I'd wait for Venico's opinion of this stance before moving forward with this idea. However, it gives me warm fuzzies that you guys trust me with this stuff <3

His Majesty Ambroscus Koth Vytherov, Hasal-Pharaoh, Bru'uh of Osiris
Khetemtai in the House of Sekhmet
Recipient of the Crown of Osiris
Recipient of the Violet Jewel of Atum


[Discussion] Colonies and Territories Act
Ideally it's supposed to be maintained by the Scribe of Sekhmet. The military. But we handed that away to an extra regional force with another treaty. We also trust our Pharaoh with our regional delegacy. If the Pharaoh is willing to hand off founders of colonies we have MUCH bigger issues than losing the colony. Also since it requires the Pharaoh's approval to release a colony anyways I think it'd be smart that he is also the one to maintain it in case of inactivity. Like the founder shouldn't need to be logged into unless it is inactive and we're in jeopardy of losing the territory.
I'm not adverse to Koth maintaining it though. Maybe the list of regional passwords would be in a place only the root can access? Then if they need to be accessed Koth can give the passwords necessary? I don't know. Gimme your thoughts.
I'm not adverse to Koth maintaining it though. Maybe the list of regional passwords would be in a place only the root can access? Then if they need to be accessed Koth can give the passwords necessary? I don't know. Gimme your thoughts.

~First Lord of Giza~
The Axe of Osiris
[Discussion] Colonies and Territories Act
It's not that the office of the Pharaoh can't be trusted with it, it's the nation sharing problem. This would be true of either the Pharaoh or the Scribe of Sekhmet, since both positions can and will change hands. This is less likely to be true of the root administrator, and since he is also entrusted with the forum I think it does make sense to entrust him with care of the Founder nations of colonies and territories. Governors could then ask the root administrator to update WFEs and such accordingly.
I would also like to point out, once again, that we did not hand our military away to an extra-regional force. The ISRA Joint Commander is appointed by the Pharaoh and confirmed by the Deshret, as the Scribe of Sekhmet would currently be appointed. While this is a joint appointment with the Monarch of Balder, also subject to confirmation by the Riksdag of Balder, it is nonetheless still the case that any candidate for Joint Commander with whom Osiris is uncomfortable would not be appointed. This is very different from super-regional organizations like the FRA which are rather separated from their member regions except by minor representation in an extra-regional assembly. Our Pharaoh and our Deshret get the exact same input over this appointment they would have over any other appointment.
Moreover, this is not even the only reason the Scribe of Sekhmet is not an ideal person for this task. Even prior to the ISRA, it was possible that the Scribe of Sekhmet might not exist. The Pharaoh could decide to command the Legion himself or come to some other alternative command arrangement other than a Scribe. Our laws leave the composition of the Hedjet entirely to the Pharaoh, so naming any Scribe other than the Scribe of Justice in any legislation is not a good idea as it binds the Pharaoh to always appoint that Scribe for the purpose of the legislation.
I would also like to point out, once again, that we did not hand our military away to an extra-regional force. The ISRA Joint Commander is appointed by the Pharaoh and confirmed by the Deshret, as the Scribe of Sekhmet would currently be appointed. While this is a joint appointment with the Monarch of Balder, also subject to confirmation by the Riksdag of Balder, it is nonetheless still the case that any candidate for Joint Commander with whom Osiris is uncomfortable would not be appointed. This is very different from super-regional organizations like the FRA which are rather separated from their member regions except by minor representation in an extra-regional assembly. Our Pharaoh and our Deshret get the exact same input over this appointment they would have over any other appointment.
Moreover, this is not even the only reason the Scribe of Sekhmet is not an ideal person for this task. Even prior to the ISRA, it was possible that the Scribe of Sekhmet might not exist. The Pharaoh could decide to command the Legion himself or come to some other alternative command arrangement other than a Scribe. Our laws leave the composition of the Hedjet entirely to the Pharaoh, so naming any Scribe other than the Scribe of Justice in any legislation is not a good idea as it binds the Pharaoh to always appoint that Scribe for the purpose of the legislation.
His Majesty Cormac Skollvaldr
Bru'uh of Osiris - Co-Founder of the Osiris Fraternal Order
Hasal-Pharaoh of Osiris (3x)
Khetemtai in the House of Osiris
"Follow your arrow wherever it points." - Kacey Musgraves, "Follow Your Arrow"
Bru'uh of Osiris - Co-Founder of the Osiris Fraternal Order
Hasal-Pharaoh of Osiris (3x)
Khetemtai in the House of Osiris
"Follow your arrow wherever it points." - Kacey Musgraves, "Follow Your Arrow"
[Discussion] Colonies and Territories Act
Agreed, the Scribe of Sekhmet is not a legally recognized position and I honestly can't recommend having any legislation bound to a cabinet job.

His Majesty Ambroscus Koth Vytherov, Hasal-Pharaoh, Bru'uh of Osiris
Khetemtai in the House of Sekhmet
Recipient of the Crown of Osiris
Recipient of the Violet Jewel of Atum


[Discussion] Colonies and Territories Act
True 'nuff. My mind is still stuck in Asta's land of lawlessness. =P Although I don't think a stable leader of our military would be bad that isn't politically tied...but that's for another debate. And again, the Pharaoh should theoretically never have to log in. But, (as I said before) I'm not against the Root having access to the list to keep a founder active if need be.
And Cormac I'm not sure if you're insinuating that the Governor shouldn't have access to the founder...if so that's a terribly inconvenient way to manage a region. O.o If you aren't then please clarify.
And Cormac I'm not sure if you're insinuating that the Governor shouldn't have access to the founder...if so that's a terribly inconvenient way to manage a region. O.o If you aren't then please clarify.

~First Lord of Giza~
The Axe of Osiris
[Discussion] Colonies and Territories Act
I think to prevent nation sharing it's best to only have one person logging into Founder nations, if possible. I also think this will reduce the likelihood of a governor swiping our colony or territory.
His Majesty Cormac Skollvaldr
Bru'uh of Osiris - Co-Founder of the Osiris Fraternal Order
Hasal-Pharaoh of Osiris (3x)
Khetemtai in the House of Osiris
"Follow your arrow wherever it points." - Kacey Musgraves, "Follow Your Arrow"
Bru'uh of Osiris - Co-Founder of the Osiris Fraternal Order
Hasal-Pharaoh of Osiris (3x)
Khetemtai in the House of Osiris
"Follow your arrow wherever it points." - Kacey Musgraves, "Follow Your Arrow"
[Discussion] Colonies and Territories Act
See but what if Koth is away on vacation? Or he isn't on to respond to someone spamming the RMB? What if the founder has to make 18 WFE changes in a night? What about setting up tags? No, a Governor should absolutely get the founder of his region.
And the fact that the colony wouldn't own its founder is rather iron fisted compared to the openness we'd like to see to hopefully stimulate a culture and a thriving community.
And the fact that the colony wouldn't own its founder is rather iron fisted compared to the openness we'd like to see to hopefully stimulate a culture and a thriving community.

~First Lord of Giza~
The Axe of Osiris
- Vaculatestar
- Posts: 1047
- Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:00 am
- Location: state secret
[Discussion] Colonies and Territories Act
I agree with Venico. For all of those reasons the Governor should own the founder. I like Koth and I think he would be a completely trustworthy person but I think we should not put this on him and we should allow the governors of colonies to control the founder nations of there regions as they see fit.
"Revenge is not my purpose my friend. Victory is, you can have your revenge afterword." -Jack of Spades
Spoiler
Kingdom of Great Britain- Prince Royal, Lord of Parliament, First Lord of the Admiralty
The Kingdom of Kvatch- King
Den- Corporal
The Kingdom of Kvatch- King
Den- Corporal
[Discussion] Colonies and Territories Act
As long as "as they see fit" doesn't go against our laws, you mean?Vaculatestar wrote:Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:03 amI agree with Venico. For all of those reasons the Governor should own the founder. I like Koth and I think he would be a completely trustworthy person but I think we should not put this on him and we should allow the governors of colonies to control the founder nations of there regions as they see fit.

His Majesty Ambroscus Koth Vytherov, Hasal-Pharaoh, Bru'uh of Osiris
Khetemtai in the House of Sekhmet
Recipient of the Crown of Osiris
Recipient of the Violet Jewel of Atum


[Discussion] Colonies and Territories Act
The only restriction the Governors would face would be keeping their colony status in the WFE and not changing the founder password.

~First Lord of Giza~
The Axe of Osiris
