[Motion] Vote on Quad
Moderator: Pharaoh
[Motion] Vote on Quad
I'd like to motion for a full Deshret vote on the admission of Quadrimmina to the Deshret.
Nothing personal but his post count is literally 3 and when the OFO was founded Quad seemed to back Empire on the old forum and criticize us. I'd like to see more activity and what the Deshret thinks. So yeah, let's vote.
Nothing personal but his post count is literally 3 and when the OFO was founded Quad seemed to back Empire on the old forum and criticize us. I'd like to see more activity and what the Deshret thinks. So yeah, let's vote.

~First Lord of Giza~
The Axe of Osiris
[Motion] Vote on Quad
It's been nearly six months, so unless someone actively fought the OFO -- which Quad didn't -- I would rather put aside what happened six months ago. We accepted Todd as a citizen when he had a change of heart and that was while the OFO was still in its infancy, after he had actively fought the OFO, so six months later my personal preference is not to exclude anyone on the mere basis of being uncomfortable with us in our early days.
The activity issue is a legitimate issue, and if the Deshret feels that Quad should have more activity, given that membership used to be activity-based, I think that would be understandable. But I'd like to keep the two issues separate so that Quad knows if he is more active here he will eventually be accepted into the Deshret, and not excluded for simply disliking the OFO and the way it was established six months ago.
That's my two cents before the Deshret votes.
The activity issue is a legitimate issue, and if the Deshret feels that Quad should have more activity, given that membership used to be activity-based, I think that would be understandable. But I'd like to keep the two issues separate so that Quad knows if he is more active here he will eventually be accepted into the Deshret, and not excluded for simply disliking the OFO and the way it was established six months ago.
That's my two cents before the Deshret votes.
His Majesty Cormac Skollvaldr
Bru'uh of Osiris - Co-Founder of the Osiris Fraternal Order
Hasal-Pharaoh of Osiris (3x)
Khetemtai in the House of Osiris
"Follow your arrow wherever it points." - Kacey Musgraves, "Follow Your Arrow"
Bru'uh of Osiris - Co-Founder of the Osiris Fraternal Order
Hasal-Pharaoh of Osiris (3x)
Khetemtai in the House of Osiris
"Follow your arrow wherever it points." - Kacey Musgraves, "Follow Your Arrow"
[Motion] Vote on Quad
I'll let someone who's known him longer speak on that. During my time in Osiris he was mostly inactive due to med school.Bob Moran wrote:Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:05 amWhat is his history with Osiris?
I just don't think it's too much to ask for a week or two of activity before we let Quad in. Barring applications, he has one actual post.
VeniEdit: I agree to an extent Cormac. The post count is my main issue but the supplement was that his stance is a bit fluid as it is. I'd like to see it solidify a bit before we admit him.

~First Lord of Giza~
The Axe of Osiris
[Motion] Vote on Quad
Quadrimmina served in the following roles in the Kemetic Republic of Osiris:Bob Moran wrote:Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:05 amWhat is his history with Osiris?
- Sepatarch (Elected Legislator)
- Vizier (Minister) of World Assembly Affairs
- Kai Repat (Vice Delegate, Presiding Officer of the Sepatarchy)
- Council of Ma'at (Security Council)
He also served as a Member of the Deshret during the transitional period between the KRO and the OFO, under Astarial's Delegacy when she was in possession of the nation Detective Figs.
Following establishment of the OFO, he took a prolonged break from NationStates until a few days ago when he applied for citizenship. To be honest, I don't blame him; he had served in Osiris for well over a year, if not closer to two years, prior to that and had been confronted with controversy after controversy as the stability of the KRO deteriorated. He needed and deserved a break.
None of this is to say I don't believe he should get a little more activity here in the OFO under his belt before being admitted to the Deshret. I agreed with Christopher Bishop's rejection on those grounds and I do think applicants should demonstrate some activity here before being admitted. I'm just answering the question in regard to his history.
His Majesty Cormac Skollvaldr
Bru'uh of Osiris - Co-Founder of the Osiris Fraternal Order
Hasal-Pharaoh of Osiris (3x)
Khetemtai in the House of Osiris
"Follow your arrow wherever it points." - Kacey Musgraves, "Follow Your Arrow"
Bru'uh of Osiris - Co-Founder of the Osiris Fraternal Order
Hasal-Pharaoh of Osiris (3x)
Khetemtai in the House of Osiris
"Follow your arrow wherever it points." - Kacey Musgraves, "Follow Your Arrow"
-
Treize Dreizehn
- Posts: 942
- Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:00 am
[Motion] Vote on Quad
My acceptance of him was in relation to my knowledge of his previous activity in the KRO. Though I personally think that's enough, it is probably reasonable for the full Deshret to vote on the matter. 
[Motion] Vote on Quad
Don't matter if it's reasonable. I motioned it, and so it is =P

~First Lord of Giza~
The Axe of Osiris
[Motion] Vote on Quad
As long as he isn't a UDL stooge and puts Osiris first when it comes to matters of Osiris. 
Zaolat
The First Pharaoh, Pharaoh Emeritus
The First Pharaoh, Pharaoh Emeritus
Spoiler
Avakael wrote:If the UDL is an NGO, then the LKE is very clearly conducting a war on terrorism. Terrorism perpetuated by the United Defenders League, lead by a man who has shaped his organization to have a culture of wishing to wear tights, live in forests, and possibly even dress up as furries, something which only Todd McCloud may do. I believe this war, therefore, should not be a matter of raiding and defending. It's a matter of moral decency. Don't wear tights. Don't live in forests. Don't dress up and roleplay as animals. It's wrong, and the LKE is taking the initiative to exterminate this horrible organization.
<+Zaolat> you know I hear if a man eats lots of pineapples and it's juice good things happen
<+Xoriet>
<+Xoriet> Awesome
<@Venico> Sigged
<+Xoriet> VENICO
<+Zeorus> XD
<@Venico> Xoriet! <3
<+Xoriet> I meant Nox's Nether Faerie Dragon ;x;
<@Venico> Uh huh, Sure
<+Xoriet> I didn't even see Zao's thing
<+Xoriet> ;x;
<+Xoriet> I hate you all
<@Venico> Nope
<@Venico> That's copyright
<@Venico> Night Father TM
<@Treize_Dreizehn> <Xoriet> I didn't even see Zao's thing <--- That's what she said.
<@Treize_Dreizehn> my work here is done
<@Venico> Did the pineapple improve it Xoriet?
<+Xoriet> Now I really hold deep loathing for all of you ={
- War Wombat
- Posts: 1761
- Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:00 am
[Motion] Vote on Quad
Sure. Let's vote, then.
"As a marsupial, you provide the insult"
-TAO

Former Titles:
-TAO

Spoiler

Former Titles:
Spoiler
Keeper of the Deshret
Vizier of Osiris
Scribe of Culture
Assistant Director of the Diplomatic Service of Osiris
Ambassador of Osiris to The North Pacific
Ambassador of Osiris to the South Pacific (possibly)
Member of the Balder Riksdag
Vizier of Osiris
Scribe of Culture
Assistant Director of the Diplomatic Service of Osiris
Ambassador of Osiris to The North Pacific
Ambassador of Osiris to the South Pacific (possibly)
Member of the Balder Riksdag
[Motion] Vote on Quad
Quadrimmina has been masked at the request of the Keeper, who argues that since he accepted the application that acceptance is valid until the Deshret votes otherwise.
I do not agree with this interpretation of the law, but it isn't my job as an administrator to interpret the law. It is the Keeper's job to interpret law in regard to Deshret applications, unless and until someone files for judicial review at which point it becomes the Pschent's job.
I think to avoid this problem in the future the State Code should be amended to just have a full Deshret vote on every application, but that's a discussion for another thread.
I do not agree with this interpretation of the law, but it isn't my job as an administrator to interpret the law. It is the Keeper's job to interpret law in regard to Deshret applications, unless and until someone files for judicial review at which point it becomes the Pschent's job.
I think to avoid this problem in the future the State Code should be amended to just have a full Deshret vote on every application, but that's a discussion for another thread.
His Majesty Cormac Skollvaldr
Bru'uh of Osiris - Co-Founder of the Osiris Fraternal Order
Hasal-Pharaoh of Osiris (3x)
Khetemtai in the House of Osiris
"Follow your arrow wherever it points." - Kacey Musgraves, "Follow Your Arrow"
Bru'uh of Osiris - Co-Founder of the Osiris Fraternal Order
Hasal-Pharaoh of Osiris (3x)
Khetemtai in the House of Osiris
"Follow your arrow wherever it points." - Kacey Musgraves, "Follow Your Arrow"