Total votes: 8
Lord Ravenclaw

minecraft server

Post by Lord Ravenclaw »

You are not aware of some significant history, but that's to be expected. :P
Joshua Ravenclaw
5th April 2012 -
"The Pharaoh-Emeritus of the Imperial Crown" - The Tenth Pharaoh of Osiris
Former Pharaoh of Osiris, First elected Pharaoh of the Osiris Fraternal Order, Former Advisor to the Pharaoh of Osiris
Former Spokespriest and Priest of the Council of Ma'at, Deputy Grand Hedjeti and Priest of the Hedjet and Guardian of the Atef
Former Vice Delegate, Justice and Chief Justice, Former Sepatarch, Co-Spokesperson of the Sepatarchy
Former Vizier of Foreign Affairs, Scribe of Foreign Affairs, Deputy of Foreign Affairs and Director of the Diplomatic Service
Former Global Moderator and Administrator
Ani The Laquine

minecraft server

Post by Ani The Laquine »

Lord Ravenclaw wrote:Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:20 amYou are not aware of some significant history, but that's to be expected. :P
Personally i was hoping that our region would have a specific mine craft server
Ani the Laquine
The Adorable Bun
Ophiuchus the Snake Charmer
Ghazia
Citizen
Citizen

Badges

minecraft server

Post by Ghazia »

Ophiuchus the Snake Charmer wrote:Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:00 am
Lord Ravenclaw wrote:Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:20 amYou are not aware of some significant history, but that's to be expected. :P
Personally i was hoping that our region would have a specific mine craft server
If we can hold the expense for it than yes we should. If we can't then I thought we could talk with someone who already runs one(like Raven) but I think we could do our own(if someone can pay for it) and maybe even have some cool add ons to make it nice and egyptian themed! :D
Ghazia-Rahman Ammarah bint Rigel al-Asteorra
She/Her/Hers || Proud Queer Muslim
Trans rights are human rights.
Ahauty of the Sekhmet Legion
Legion Ribbons
Lord Ravenclaw

minecraft server

Post by Lord Ravenclaw »

I advise: expecting someone to foot the bill for what would be a fairly large expense with a very small player base would not be cost effective and would potentially cause issues for them if they decide to close it further down the line.

Whatever happens, Osiris must be prepared to financially contribute to the services it uses if they cost money to maintain.
Joshua Ravenclaw
5th April 2012 -
"The Pharaoh-Emeritus of the Imperial Crown" - The Tenth Pharaoh of Osiris
Former Pharaoh of Osiris, First elected Pharaoh of the Osiris Fraternal Order, Former Advisor to the Pharaoh of Osiris
Former Spokespriest and Priest of the Council of Ma'at, Deputy Grand Hedjeti and Priest of the Hedjet and Guardian of the Atef
Former Vice Delegate, Justice and Chief Justice, Former Sepatarch, Co-Spokesperson of the Sepatarchy
Former Vizier of Foreign Affairs, Scribe of Foreign Affairs, Deputy of Foreign Affairs and Director of the Diplomatic Service
Former Global Moderator and Administrator
Ani The Laquine

minecraft server

Post by Ani The Laquine »

Lord Ravenclaw wrote:Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:47 amI advise: expecting someone to foot the bill for what would be a fairly large expense with a very small player base would not be cost effective and would potentially cause issues for them if they decide to close it further down the line.

Whatever happens, Osiris must be prepared to financially contribute to the services it uses if they cost money to maintain.
Thank you for your concern and advice, currently im seeing about setting up a server with the new version of minecraft, although it wont be a server yet, rather it will just be a world that i open and it will satay that way untill we have 15 people who are consistently active and wanting to get on, after that, i will turn the world into a realm, which cost 7 a month to do, eventually they will raise the limit with realms, and the server will get bigger, after that, i might set up a patreon to help with the server considering that by than there will be a dedicated player base and some of them might be interested in paying, otherwise, the server is being kept as Osiris exclusive, with citizens getting first dibs for being online
Ani the Laquine
The Adorable Bun
Ophiuchus the Snake Charmer
Altino
Citizen
Citizen

minecraft server

Post by Altino »

Why is this in spam?
Altino Asteorra
Hasal-Pharaoh of Osiris
Karma Sage