No Edit
25%
Yes Edit
75%

Total votes: 8
Ani The Laquine

minecraft server

Post by Ani The Laquine »

We in Osiris are thinking of making a minecraft server and we were wondering if you would be interested in playing
Ani the Laquine
The Adorable Bun
Ophiuchus the Snake Charmer
Cormac

Honors

minecraft server

Post by Cormac »

I've never played Minecraft, but I'd be willing to try it out.
His Majesty Cormac Skollvaldr
Bru'uh of Osiris - Co-Founder of the Osiris Fraternal Order
Hasal-Pharaoh of Osiris (3x)
Khetemtai in the House of Osiris

"Follow your arrow wherever it points." - Kacey Musgraves, "Follow Your Arrow"
Tiber Septim

minecraft server

Post by Tiber Septim »

I haven't ever played it either.

Knowledge is Power
Anabelle

Honors

minecraft server

Post by Anabelle »

I have commitment issues when it comes to Minecraft, but yeah sure I'd play for awhile ^.^

Hasal-Pharaoh Mahira Anabelle
Child of Osiris
Proud daughter of Halo
Spoiler

Former Positions
Pharaoh of Osiris
Vizier of Community Affairs
Guardian of Osiris
Priestess of Osiris

Honors
Scale of Ma'at

Altino
Citizen
Citizen

minecraft server

Post by Altino »

I don't actually play Minecraft, but I think that's a cool idea. :p
Altino Asteorra
Hasal-Pharaoh of Osiris
Karma Sage
Occasional Punstress
Very, very fond of owls
{o,o}
|)__)
-”-”-
Adytus

minecraft server

Post by Adytus »

Minecraft is amazing and all of you should buy it.
The Anarchic Republic of AdytusLord Sarah of House Rahl, the Mirkhan Clan Syb: Ady is my favorite pervy CV.
Wrek: Adytus is just the personification of 69.
Lord Ravenclaw

minecraft server

Post by Lord Ravenclaw »

Let me caution you a little on the added expense of running a server:

Minecraft is very much a game where interest fluctuates on a regular basis, and as the person who managed a previous server Osiris used, as well as the person who managed all three incarnations of TNPs server (the latter two shared with Albion and Alexandria), I can tell you with certainty that the added expense and time commitment isn't small.

Servers can be expensive. Alexandria would be paying $70 a month for their server, which was designed to be moddable without a worry that we could overload it (we'd need a fairly beefy modpack to achieve it if we went that route). Luckily, I was able to get a significant discount as a former customer of the company we're hosting with, otherwise we wouldn't have taken out a new server.

This would be a regular expense, and when you start providing this to a community you need to take note of the demand for the service. Don't fall into the risk of saying nothing if the service stops being used after a month and you are spending money for nothing - you can close the server as you should not be expected to pay for something in perpetuity just because there was demand for it at one point.

If the interest in the server here isn't large enough to justify paying for it, I suggest joining an existing server as a group - several communities have Minecraft Servers which are established already which would save you an added expense.

Also, as a final note: the Minecraft server would be private property and it means that you can close it at any time, for any reason - and if you are facing the future of having to pay for it entirely on your own without support from the community that uses it, then I would recommend it rather than putting yourself into difficulty.

(Make sure you choose the right type of server. The Java edition isn't compatible with the better connected update, while the better connected update and windows 10 edition share multiplayer servers yet aren't customisable.)

-R
Joshua Ravenclaw
5th April 2012 -
"The Pharaoh-Emeritus of the Imperial Crown" - The Tenth Pharaoh of Osiris
Former Pharaoh of Osiris, First elected Pharaoh of the Osiris Fraternal Order, Former Advisor to the Pharaoh of Osiris
Former Spokespriest and Priest of the Council of Ma'at, Deputy Grand Hedjeti and Priest of the Hedjet and Guardian of the Atef
Former Vice Delegate, Justice and Chief Justice, Former Sepatarch, Co-Spokesperson of the Sepatarchy
Former Vizier of Foreign Affairs, Scribe of Foreign Affairs, Deputy of Foreign Affairs and Director of the Diplomatic Service
Former Global Moderator and Administrator
Ghazia
Citizen
Citizen

Badges

minecraft server

Post by Ghazia »

I mean I was actually wondering if you(Ravenclaw) would allow Osiris to also share the server TNP currently uses. If not then there is a way to setup servers for free but it is a bit tough to figure out as well as actually have hosted...
Ghazia-Rahman Ammarah bint Rigel al-Asteorra
She/Her/Hers || Proud Queer Muslim
Trans rights are human rights.
Ahauty of the Sekhmet Legion
Legion Ribbons
Lord Ravenclaw

minecraft server

Post by Lord Ravenclaw »

I would be happy to discuss that with the Pharaoh if it's something that he wants to seriously consider.

It's worth noting however that the server in question is located on a KingdomofAlexandria subdomain and is open to Albion and The North Pacific (in addition to the Kingdom of Alexandria) so Osiris wouldn't just be sharing a server with TNP in that regard.
Joshua Ravenclaw
5th April 2012 -
"The Pharaoh-Emeritus of the Imperial Crown" - The Tenth Pharaoh of Osiris
Former Pharaoh of Osiris, First elected Pharaoh of the Osiris Fraternal Order, Former Advisor to the Pharaoh of Osiris
Former Spokespriest and Priest of the Council of Ma'at, Deputy Grand Hedjeti and Priest of the Hedjet and Guardian of the Atef
Former Vice Delegate, Justice and Chief Justice, Former Sepatarch, Co-Spokesperson of the Sepatarchy
Former Vizier of Foreign Affairs, Scribe of Foreign Affairs, Deputy of Foreign Affairs and Director of the Diplomatic Service
Former Global Moderator and Administrator
Ghazia
Citizen
Citizen

Badges

minecraft server

Post by Ghazia »

Lord Ravenclaw wrote:Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:16 pmI would be happy to discuss that with the Pharaoh if it's something that he wants to seriously consider.

It's worth noting however that the server in question is located on a KingdomofAlexandria subdomain and is open to Albion and The North Pacific (in addition to the Kingdom of Alexandria) so Osiris wouldn't just be sharing a server with TNP in that regard.
Alright, yeah that is for sure something I think whoever is in charge of should speak with. As far as I am aware Alexandria and Osiris don't have bad blood. I still always call it TNP's server even though it isn't oops lol
Ghazia-Rahman Ammarah bint Rigel al-Asteorra
She/Her/Hers || Proud Queer Muslim
Trans rights are human rights.
Ahauty of the Sekhmet Legion
Legion Ribbons

Return to “Spam Archive”