Community Affairs Plans/Ideas

Moderators: Pharaoh, Sub-Vizier, Vizier, Chief Vizier

Dalimbar

Post by Dalimbar »

Howdy all,

I'm going to be using this thread to list the various plans and ideas that the Community Affairs portfolio wishes to accomplish over the next several months. If you see something that isn't here but you'd like us to work on, please feel free to make a post below and we can take a look at it.

Further, given the scope of this portfolio, I'm going to need all the help I can get. If you see something here you're interested in helping with, please feel free to get in contact with me either via PM or on Discord!

Community Affairs
-RP Guide Team: If you're a seasoned Roleplayer and wish to help newer roleplayers get comfortable with roleplaying, I'd like to hear from you. As I'm not a prolific RPer, an RP Guide will help bring to life our RP section and help keep an eye on things there.

-Writing and/or Art Contests: Given that we have a great number of artists and writers here in Osiris, a writing and/or art contest can help showcase your talents to the region and the world. Dates of these contests will be announced later.

-Osiris Debate Society: Let's face it, Osiris has a rich tradition of debate and argument. ODS can be a way to make logical arguments on a given topic. At this point I'm thinking monthly debates, but we'll see the amount of interest before anything is set in stone.

Gameside Affairs/Citizenship
-Priority: Citizenship audit: Fair warning, a citizenship audit will be conducted by the end of this week. Please ensure that your citizenship is up to date.

-Promotion of the RMB Dream Team: Under the leadership of Altino, the Dream Team is a great way for folks to engage with others on the RMB and to encourage them to join the forum. Please see Altino for more information.

Media
-Osiris Oracle: I'm wishing to bring back the Osiris Oracle. Articles for the Oracle can be for just about anything, ranging from interregional relations to the latest developments in roleplay. I will need a dedicated editor or two, plus active writers. The Osiris Oracle will also be working in conjunction with the Foreign Affairs team to help them develop even better embassy reports.

There will be more to come, and I'll be posting more ideas and plans as soon as logistics of those are worked out.
Dalimbar
Resting Tyrant Face
Speaker and Guardian of The West Pacific
Delegate (Ret.) and first constitutional Pharaoh of Osiris
Delegate (Ret.) of The North Pacific
Member of the Ex-Feeder Tyrant Club
Sygian

Post by Sygian »

It's cool that you have a layout for all of this stuff.

1. Will the ODS debate just real world topics, or in-game ones as well?
2. I don't mind helping out with the Oracle as an editor, if you haven't already found one.

Sub-Vizier of Foreign Affairs
Patriarch of House Akhenaten
Baron of Koptos
Spoiler
Guardian
Chief Vizier
Chief Scribe
Vizier of WA Affairs (2x)
Forum Administrator
Spoiler
Tiber Septim

Post by Tiber Septim »

Why don't we start Osirian of the Week back up?

Knowledge is Power
Dalimbar

Post by Dalimbar »

Syg - Good question. I was thinking a mixture of both RL and NS topics. Perhaps alternating each time, so one session we do a NS topic, the next a RL topic.

Tiber - Also a good point! I'll be reviewing that this evening.
Dalimbar
Resting Tyrant Face
Speaker and Guardian of The West Pacific
Delegate (Ret.) and first constitutional Pharaoh of Osiris
Delegate (Ret.) of The North Pacific
Member of the Ex-Feeder Tyrant Club
Sygian

Post by Sygian »

Damn it, Tiber. I was about to ask that. :P

Sub-Vizier of Foreign Affairs
Patriarch of House Akhenaten
Baron of Koptos
Spoiler
Guardian
Chief Vizier
Chief Scribe
Vizier of WA Affairs (2x)
Forum Administrator
Spoiler
Adytus

Post by Adytus »

I would love to write for the Osiris Oracle.
The Anarchic Republic of AdytusLord Sarah of House Rahl, the Mirkhan Clan Syb: Ady is my favorite pervy CV.
Wrek: Adytus is just the personification of 69.
Tiber Septim

Post by Tiber Septim »

Sygian wrote:Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:44 amDamn it, Tiber. I was about to ask that. :P
:zzz: :eyebrows:

Knowledge is Power
Ani The Laquine

Post by Ani The Laquine »

Currently working on putting together "Osiris mine craft nations" working out the kinks and how it would work and function
Ani the Laquine
The Adorable Bun
Ophiuchus the Snake Charmer

Return to “Community Affairs Archive”