Coronation Speech

Moderator: Pharaoh

Syberis

Coronation Speech

Post by Syberis »

I had this huge, dramatic speech, full of hope and full of big rhetoric. But it's my first day, something I've been looking forward to for a while, and... reading back on what I had prepared, it felt fake. It felt too much like I was trying to be NK, trying to be Cormac, trying to act like what I think a Pharaoh sounds like. So I went back, and wrote it, trying to sound like, well... the Syb you all know and tolerate. So prepare for some meandering :P

I certainly am not the longest-tenured Osiran; I've been here since early May of last year. But since I first set foot in Osiris, I threw myself into the region with everything that I could. This is a community of good people, who care about each other and care about the government. But, most importantly, we are a tough region. When the events of last October occurred, the response of the populace was loud and angry, demanding action. When our sovereignty was mocked and threatened, the populace pushed back against foreign interference and intervention. We fought to protect Osiris and her interests, even though it caused some of us to conflict with people that we considered good friends. This was not an easy time for the region; but we kept moving forward because we knew what was right.

But we aren't just a region of fighters and firebrands. This is also a region of odd memes and odd fun. There is something about this region that seems to be able to take even the most wrinkled old curmudgeon in the game and make him relax and stop taking things seriously for a minute or two. We post bad memes, our flag contests make me laugh loud enough I get stares from family and coworkers. We have inside jokes that make no sense. If I had to explain Osiran humor to anyone, it would fall flat. It's truly one of those things you have to be here to understand and to get.

Because of our tight-knit community, I want us to try much harder to bring people from the RMB to our forum, and bring fresh players and new ideas into our midst. Nationstates can be a very hectic place, and Osiris is generally calm and relaxed enough that I think that we can help a few of these players find footing. Osiris is my home, and there's plenty of room here for energetic new players to grow and develop. Hopefully, a good number of these players will find their long-term home among the rest of us. Whether they're interested in roleplay, gameplay, or just sitting around in our Discord chatting, I do believe that Osiris has potential to have something for every kind of player. We just need to focus on developing our own potential.

Osiris is a region of some of the most legitimately good people I've had the pleasure of working with in this game. There are many of you that I would consider good friends; and I would hope many of you would consider me the same. We're lovers, we're fighters, we're, quite frankly, shitposters at times. But that's Osiris. We're a bunch of people who love our home and don't take ourselves too seriously. The Osiris I serve is a beautiful community; the people, fighters and lovers all, who truly want what's best, not just for the region and her security, but the people involved. I hope you all will stand with me and work with me as we try to help this region become the very damn best she can be. One man, even a Pharaoh, cannot benefit the region without the assistance and support of those around him.

Lastly, I would like to extend my warmest thanks and my regards to Neo Kervoskia, my predecessor. NK, you led the region well, and I hope that I can even begin to do as well as a politician and a leader. Thank you for your mentorship, your cooperation, and your understanding. I know for a fact I wasn't always the easiest to deal with. I'll try to do you proud.

Hail Osiris.
Greyghost wrote:Just because you're cute doesn't mean you're not suspicious <_<
Chalice wrote:Comrade Syberis was talking about the joys of Osirian Fraternity.
Transdavisia

Coronation Speech

Post by Transdavisia »

Hail Syberis.

[11:18:38 PM] Knot: Brihimia wins gold.
Spoiler
Adytus

Coronation Speech

Post by Adytus »

Really good speech! Hail Syberis, the new Pharaoh!
The Anarchic Republic of AdytusLord Sarah of House Rahl, the Mirkhan Clan Syb: Ady is my favorite pervy CV.
Wrek: Adytus is just the personification of 69.
Altino
Citizen
Citizen

Coronation Speech

Post by Altino »

Well put, Syb. Hail!
Altino Asteorra
Hasal-Pharaoh of Osiris
Karma Sage
Occasional Punstress
Very, very fond of owls
{o,o}
|)__)
-”-”-
Atlantica

Coronation Speech

Post by Atlantica »

Hail.
Rallori

Coronation Speech

Post by Rallori »

Hail Syberis !
Kowassati

Coronation Speech

Post by Kowassati »

Hail Syberis! Hail Osiris! I love everyone here this region is the shiiiiiiit
Bucket full of blood, gotcha on my mind
I'm gonna break my face on the sweet sunshine
Spoiler

Chief Vizier (Osiris)
Foreign Affairs Vizier (Osiris)
Protector of the Realm (Lazarus)
Grandee Secretary (Lazarus)
Vice Delegate (Lazarus)
Delegate (Lazarus)
Neo Kervoskia

Honors

Coronation Speech

Post by Neo Kervoskia »

<3
Griffin X
Proudly Osiran since 2011
Hasal-Pharaoh of Osiris
Card-Carrying Member of the Ex-Feeder Tyrants Club
Yuno

Coronation Speech

Post by Yuno »

Hail Syberis has a weird ring to it, will take some getting used to. Hail Cormac, hail NK, those were classics.
Your new term will be fabulous

I think you'll win hottest GCR Delegate -- *cough*

Anyway, protect Osiris, but besides that, Also work hard gameside. Telegram people, Chat.

That's what makes a good *WA* Delegate. That's why you're the *gameside* Delegate of a GCR. I have high hopes for you, Pharaoh.

Do better than old man NK in that aspect.
There's a NS phone app called Stately.

---

Umm, let me know if you need help with anything/advice. Good luck, fam.

*-commander
Spoiler
[6/4/2016 8:28:50 PM] Lord Mazrim Rahl (Biyah): yo Yuno, since you missed it.
[6/4/2016 8:28:54 PM] Lord Mazrim Rahl (Biyah): [6/3/2016 17:12:42] Gradea Sanguine: On 04/06/2016, at 7:18 AM, Yuno wrote:
> I-II finished all my regents!
Regents?
[6/3/2016 19:34:30] Lord Mazrim Rahl (Biyah): obviously she was gathering spell regents, so she could cast her end-of-term mass death spell. Young sorceress' must kill their Master before they are allowed to leave.
[6/3/2016 19:35:52] Gradea Sanguine: Makes sense
[6/3/2016 19:36:39] Lord Mazrim Rahl (Biyah): Hence, pray she learns well and doesn't have a dunce as a teacher... else the next generation that kills her will be weak, snobby and only half-trained. That is how society falls
[6/3/2016 19:37:30] Lord Mazrim Rahl (Biyah): I am a proud member of MAWS. Men against weak sorcerers/eses
[6/3/2016 19:38:13] Lord Mazrim Rahl (Biyah): (When Yuno comes back, she's gonna blink a few times)
Halo
Priest
Priest

Badges

Coronation Speech

Post by Halo »

Hail, Syberis!
That was well said!
Marcarias (Halo) of the House of HalohinPriest of Osiris

Return to “Palace of the Pharaoh”