[Passed] Nomination to the Council of Guardians

Moderator: Pharaoh

Neo Kervoskia

Honors

Post by Neo Kervoskia »

Pursuant to Article III, Section 4(2) of the Scroll of Ma'at, we nominate the honorable Weas Jurmany (Weast_Jurmany) to the Council of Guardians. Weast Jurmany will serve Osiris well on the Council of Guardians and we have the utmost confidence in his abilities.
Pharaoh of the Osiris Fraternal Order
Griffin X
Proudly Osiran since 2011
Hasal-Pharaoh of Osiris
Card-Carrying Member of the Ex-Feeder Tyrants Club
Fedele

Post by Fedele »

Hail Weast Jurmany!
Spoiler
Cormactopia II - God damn it Scardino
Syberis - Dammit Scar
Xoriet - Scar so racist
Brunhilde - Scar speaks the truth
Severisen - Scar is the Rod Stewart of raiding
Lamb Stone - Scardino knows I <3 him. You made him my idol in NS when I was like 14. But, I can still call him a wrinkly old bastard.
Biyah - God help us from Fedele bringing back the old ways. The current level of inept is just fine, thanks
Dream Killers - From one bullshitter to another, seriously.
Lost - you're hulk mixed with tony stark
Roavin - Scardino has a sexy voice.
Dr Pelican - after a 2 hr argument about beef falafels, you didnt make them afterwards
Dalimbar

Post by Dalimbar »

Excellent choice! Congrats to Weast Jurmany!
Dalimbar
Resting Tyrant Face
Speaker and Guardian of The West Pacific
Delegate (Ret.) and first constitutional Pharaoh of Osiris
Delegate (Ret.) of The North Pacific
Member of the Ex-Feeder Tyrant Club
Transdavisia

Post by Transdavisia »

Congratulations.

[11:18:38 PM] Knot: Brihimia wins gold.
Spoiler
Adytus

Post by Adytus »

Congratulations! Fully support this! Jur is great! :)
The Anarchic Republic of AdytusLord Sarah of House Rahl, the Mirkhan Clan Syb: Ady is my favorite pervy CV.
Wrek: Adytus is just the personification of 69.
Wrektopia

Post by Wrektopia »

Congratulations Jur! Hope to see you on board soon!
Ryan "Wrek It" Rahl, son of dAdytus
Treize Dreizehn

Honors

Post by Treize Dreizehn »

I am very eager to hear from Weast Jurmany on the topic of their nomination. Seems like a solid choice.
Weast Jurmany

Post by Weast Jurmany »

I’m honored by the nomination, and would like to thank Griffin for the opportunity to be considered by the council of scribes to become a guardian.

Over my time in Osiris, it has been wonderful to add my voice to discuss legislation and my vote in important elections after having spent most of my early time watching the seasoned veterans and reading about the political structure in Osiris. I was hoping that someday I would be considered for a role that would allow me to do more for Osiris, but I never dreamed it would be a role as important as guardian.

When I was appointed as sub-vizier to Gameside affairs I had few responsibilities but I carried them out to the best of my ability and my interactions with the community members of Osiris have encouraged me to want to do more. I enjoy suggesting ideas for polls and poll options with Adytus and communicating with our great community through the RMB and the time I have spent discussing how to improve upon our already wonderful region. I recently co-authored commend Yuno (coming soon) with Adytus and I have some foreign affairs experience, for example I helped Adytus spread news of the upcoming royal wedding on foreign regional forums. I have recently volunteered to be the regional officer for Osiris in the NationStates Central Bank role playing game, which has been changed a lot recently by those in charge of the rules. So I would like to thank those that have been patient with me, it has largely been out of my control but soon it should be up and running and have every intention of continuing my duties there as long as those in Osiris still want to play.

I have read over what I would be responsible for if I become a Guardian and I can assure you it is something I would do well at if given the opportunity. I have a lot to learn about what it takes to serve on the Guardian council but I can assure you that I will put in the work to maintain the safety and stability of our region.

I know my time playing NationStates has been short relative to those who have been playing for years, but if you give me the chance there is no one more motivated to take up this position. Thank you to Griffin for the nomination and thank you to those who took the time to read this.

Hail Osiris!
- ((Jur))
Spoiler
WreK'd Wrektopia 2/20/2017
Dalimbar

Post by Dalimbar »

While I'll support your nomination, I do like asking a question or two.

Your main role as Guardian will to be ensure the in-game security of the region, working with the other guardians, the Pharaoh and Crown Prince. I suppose my first question is to ask you if you could expand on why you believe that you'll be a good fit on that body, if you don't mind?

The history of Osiris is well documented with both internal and external attempts to take control of the Delegacy for illegitimate purposes. Some have been successful, some have not. If you became aware of an attempt by an actor (regardless of their standing in the Osiran government) who wished to challenge the Delegacy and overthrow it, could you prove some examples of what you would do in that case?

Dalimbar
Resting Tyrant Face
Speaker and Guardian of The West Pacific
Delegate (Ret.) and first constitutional Pharaoh of Osiris
Delegate (Ret.) of The North Pacific
Member of the Ex-Feeder Tyrant Club
Atlantica

Post by Atlantica »

Congratulations!

Return to “Palace of the Scribes”