Statement from the Pharaoh on the Future of Osiris

Moderator: Pharaoh

Neo Kervoskia

Honors

Post by Neo Kervoskia »

On behalf of Osiris, I offer our thanks to His Royal Highness Cormac Rahl-Sethos for his dedicated service as Pharaoh of the Osiris Fraternal Order. It has been an honor to serve as Heir Apparent and I am eternally grateful to the people of Osiris for the opportunity to serve as your Pharaoh.

I also extend my gratitude to The West Pacific, The East Pacific, Balder, and HYDRA for their assistance during this transition.

I remember when Osiris was founded. We looked towards Osiris as a place to begin anew, a land of second chances. And it has lived up to those expectations. We are a sovereign and independent region open to all people - raider and defender alike - who harbor no ill designs towards our home. We will continue to welcome all people, whether you’re new to NationStates or an experienced hand looking to start the next chapter in Gameplay.

While the world is more cosmopolitan and interconnected than when I began, the core principle of Francoism is as true in 2016 as it was in 2003 - that GCRs, as a class, are unique and in constant struggle.

We are unique because we are eternal. Other regions and empires and organizations will rise and fall, but we remain. We are a new player’s first experience in NationStates and, on occasion, their last. We support and nurture the world, not only by design, but by duty.

We are in constant struggle, not so much with nefarious interlopers as in ages past, but with ourselves. We struggle with who we are and we divide ourselves because of it. If indeed we are subjugated by outside forces, it is because we look too inward at ourselves and not toward each other. Raider, defender, imperialist, independent - these are, to borrow a phrase from the Iron Chancellor, “useless luxuries”. We are GCRs. We have been since the beginning and will be until Max pulls the plug.

But I know I have contributed to the division. To many I am a boogeyman, one part of a pernicious quartet responsible for all manner of chaos and intrigue. I speak, of course, of The Empire. Many of you do not trust me and if I had been where you are, I would join that chorus. In fact, until April of this year I was exiled from the very region in which I now serve as Pharaoh. I fought against many of the people who founded this government, but as the years passed the anger and paranoia melted away - not only theirs but mine as well - until by fortuitous circumstances I was allowed to return to Osiris and have served her faithfully since.

In this spirit, I now speak to the people of Lazarus.

In April 2015 I actively planned, executed, and supported a coup d'etat against your constitutional government. In my role as Governor of Information, and later Senator of Education, I was responsible for all propaganda. I acted of my own free will and accord. I will not say I did so for the good of Lazarus, because I didn’t. I did it to exact vengeance against others and to gain some measure of influence I believe I had lost. Lazarus was merely the most immediate means at my disposal. I did not for a moment consider the consequences to Lazarus, nor did I place any merit in such concerns. I attacked and derided your community in an effort to suppress dissent and shatter your resolve.

I not only betrayed you, but the Francoist principles I’ve held near to me all these years. Francoists should never raise arms against a sister Sinker, nor so grossly disrespect her sovereignty and independence.

I apologize to you for the anguish I caused and the toxicity I bred.

It is my sincerest hope to begin the process of reconciliation. We must never forget that our regions are linked by a common history and purpose.

Pharaoh of the Osiris Fraternal Order
Griffin X
Proudly Osiran since 2011
Hasal-Pharaoh of Osiris
Card-Carrying Member of the Ex-Feeder Tyrants Club
Wrektopia

Post by Wrektopia »

Wow. Very nicely written, excellent dispatch. Hail! And long live!
Ryan "Wrek It" Rahl, son of dAdytus
Weast Jurmany

Post by Weast Jurmany »

Happy to have you as the new Pharaoh! Hail! o7
- ((Jur))
Spoiler
WreK'd Wrektopia 2/20/2017
Adytus

Post by Adytus »

Well said! Hail!
The Anarchic Republic of AdytusLord Sarah of House Rahl, the Mirkhan Clan Syb: Ady is my favorite pervy CV.
Wrek: Adytus is just the personification of 69.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Your words on second chances and reconciliation speak true. I look forward to your reign being the first that I serve under.

Hail!
"Pro Patria Vigilans"
Transdavisia

Post by Transdavisia »

Hail the Pharoah!

May this region prosper for many years to come!

[11:18:38 PM] Knot: Brihimia wins gold.
Spoiler
Fedele

Post by Fedele »

Hail to the Pharaoh!
Spoiler
Cormactopia II - God damn it Scardino
Syberis - Dammit Scar
Xoriet - Scar so racist
Brunhilde - Scar speaks the truth
Severisen - Scar is the Rod Stewart of raiding
Lamb Stone - Scardino knows I <3 him. You made him my idol in NS when I was like 14. But, I can still call him a wrinkly old bastard.
Biyah - God help us from Fedele bringing back the old ways. The current level of inept is just fine, thanks
Dream Killers - From one bullshitter to another, seriously.
Lost - you're hulk mixed with tony stark
Roavin - Scardino has a sexy voice.
Dr Pelican - after a 2 hr argument about beef falafels, you didnt make them afterwards
Vaclav Vinograd

Post by Vaclav Vinograd »

Hail you!

Mr. Vaclav Vinograd
-
The Vampire of Nationstates
-

Sub-Vizier of Public Relations, Director-General of the Osiran Broadcasting Corporation
Editor-in-Chief of VV Magazine, Commissioner of the Osiran Premier League
-
Patriarch of House Vinograd
Proud Husband of Marry McLeod-Vinograd (16 Dec 2016 - )

-
"And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission."
- Hebrews 9:22 (KJV)

Spoiler
The Britannian Kingdom
Deputy Prime Minister x1 (current)
Lord Governor of Caledonia x1 (current)
Member of Parliament for Caledonia x1 (current)
Culture Secretary x1 (current)

United Kingdom
Prime Minister x1 (current)
Member of Parliament (Southern England) x3 (current)
Culture Secretary x2

Kingdom of Great Britain
Culture Secretary x1
Culture Auror x1 (current)

Albion
Grand Councillor x1 (current)
Knight Cultural x1 (current)

Balder
Culture Minister x2 (current)
Member of Parliament (Storting) x1 (current)

Arda en Estel
Senator x1 (current)
Cultural Aedile x1 (current)
Spoiler
Spoiler
Benito Mussolini, The Doctrine of Fascism wrote:"Fascism conceives of the State as an absolute, in comparison with which all individuals or groups are relative, only to be conceived in their relation to the State."
Douglas MacArthur, Reminisces wrote:"That's the way it is in war. You win or lose, live or die—and the difference is just an eyelash."
Yuno

Post by Yuno »

OMG NK <#3 i wasn't around back then to watch this shit go down, but ;-;

heartfelt

Francoists 4 LYFE
Spoiler
[6/4/2016 8:28:50 PM] Lord Mazrim Rahl (Biyah): yo Yuno, since you missed it.
[6/4/2016 8:28:54 PM] Lord Mazrim Rahl (Biyah): [6/3/2016 17:12:42] Gradea Sanguine: On 04/06/2016, at 7:18 AM, Yuno wrote:
> I-II finished all my regents!
Regents?
[6/3/2016 19:34:30] Lord Mazrim Rahl (Biyah): obviously she was gathering spell regents, so she could cast her end-of-term mass death spell. Young sorceress' must kill their Master before they are allowed to leave.
[6/3/2016 19:35:52] Gradea Sanguine: Makes sense
[6/3/2016 19:36:39] Lord Mazrim Rahl (Biyah): Hence, pray she learns well and doesn't have a dunce as a teacher... else the next generation that kills her will be weak, snobby and only half-trained. That is how society falls
[6/3/2016 19:37:30] Lord Mazrim Rahl (Biyah): I am a proud member of MAWS. Men against weak sorcerers/eses
[6/3/2016 19:38:13] Lord Mazrim Rahl (Biyah): (When Yuno comes back, she's gonna blink a few times)
Treize Dreizehn

Honors

Post by Treize Dreizehn »

Hail!

Return to “Palace of the Pharaoh”