[Passed] Repeal "Condemn DEN"

Archive of Security Council proposal discussion threads.

Moderators: Pharaoh, Sub-Vizier, Vizier, Chief Vizier

Adytus

Post by Adytus »

Description: WA Security Council Resolution #192: Condemn DEN shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: The Security Council,

Reminded that the author of SC #192 "Condemn DEN" was unaware of the typical procedures of the Security Council, and therefore neglected to seek assistance from their fellow Security Council members in drafting their proposal,

Noting that despite heavy criticism, and the disapproval of many well known World Assembly members, delegates, and authors, SC #192 was passed,

Deciding that SC #192 is, frankly, poorly written and riddled with factual errors,

Disturbed by the fact that SC #192 attempts to downplay the act of invading by referring to said activity as a mere “sport”,

Observing that despite the author’s claims that DEN was known for “destroying small regions”, DEN was actually never successful in destroying any inhabited regions,

Exasperated by SC #192’s inclusion of DEN’s intelligence gathering and embassy forming as condemnable acts, seeing as the strategies employed by DEN in these areas are widely used in various other large regions,

Bewildered that SC #192 only includes three examples of DEN raids, neglecting to note the far more important raids that DEN committed on Paradoxia, Power is Rising, Japan, Union of Proletarian States, California, St Abbaddon, Yorkshire, and NeoConfederate States of America,

Pointing out that one of the few examples of a DEN raid SC #192 identifies was an incident in September 2015 involving an internal coup of The West Pacific, in which DEN was the primary region providing support to a rogue Delegate, which is not widely considered to be a raid beyond DEN propaganda,

Cringing at the timing of this proposal, going into effect directly before a major scandal resulted in the complete annihilation of the region known as DEN, the fallout of which has made the region permanently uninhabitable,

Concluding that the only reason SC #192 was passed was due to the belief that many uninformed World Assembly members held that this proposal was the replacement for SC #187 Condemn DEN, which had recently been repealed, unaware that SC #192 was submitted while the replacement proposal was still being drafted,

Finding that while it is important for the Security Council to take action against Predatory regions that cause harm to others, it is equally important that the Security Council upholds its long held traditions and procedures, and hoping that removing this resolution will help encourage other aspiring Security Council authors to present their proposals for drafting before submission,

Believing that due to SC #192’s poor quality, factual inaccuracies and exclusion of major events, the Resolution should be removed from the record,

Hereby Repeals Security Council Resolution #192 "Condemn DEN".
The Anarchic Republic of AdytusLord Sarah of House Rahl, the Mirkhan Clan Syb: Ady is my favorite pervy CV.
Wrek: Adytus is just the personification of 69.
Der Angreifer

Post by Der Angreifer »

Against.

Let the name be.
Transdavisia

Post by Transdavisia »

against

[11:18:38 PM] Knot: Brihimia wins gold.
Spoiler
Cormac

Honors

Post by Cormac »

My personal vote is For. The condemnation was badly written, and after Predator, sorry, but DEN does not deserve a badge.
His Majesty Cormac Skollvaldr
Bru'uh of Osiris - Co-Founder of the Osiris Fraternal Order
Hasal-Pharaoh of Osiris (3x)
Khetemtai in the House of Osiris

"Follow your arrow wherever it points." - Kacey Musgraves, "Follow Your Arrow"
Sygian

Post by Sygian »

Against. I agree that they made a very bad choice in using an illegal script, but they led on a legacy that will not be forgotten in my eyes.

Sub-Vizier of Foreign Affairs
Patriarch of House Akhenaten
Baron of Koptos
Spoiler
Guardian
Chief Vizier
Chief Scribe
Vizier of WA Affairs (2x)
Forum Administrator
Spoiler
Adytus

Post by Adytus »

I'm voting for. If the region is not allowed to be there, why recognize it.
The Anarchic Republic of AdytusLord Sarah of House Rahl, the Mirkhan Clan Syb: Ady is my favorite pervy CV.
Wrek: Adytus is just the personification of 69.
Neenee

Post by Neenee »

For
Syberis

Post by Syberis »

For
Greyghost wrote:Just because you're cute doesn't mean you're not suspicious <_<
Chalice wrote:Comrade Syberis was talking about the joys of Osirian Fraternity.
Kaiser Adolf

Post by Kaiser Adolf »

Against.
Fedele

Post by Fedele »

They misspelled the word exacerbated.
Spoiler
Cormactopia II - God damn it Scardino
Syberis - Dammit Scar
Xoriet - Scar so racist
Brunhilde - Scar speaks the truth
Severisen - Scar is the Rod Stewart of raiding
Lamb Stone - Scardino knows I <3 him. You made him my idol in NS when I was like 14. But, I can still call him a wrinkly old bastard.
Biyah - God help us from Fedele bringing back the old ways. The current level of inept is just fine, thanks
Dream Killers - From one bullshitter to another, seriously.
Lost - you're hulk mixed with tony stark
Roavin - Scardino has a sexy voice.
Dr Pelican - after a 2 hr argument about beef falafels, you didnt make them afterwards

Return to “Shrine of Ra”