Cormac for Keeper
Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:00 am
I'm running for Keeper! I'll keep this campaign platform short and sweet.
Qualifications
And there we have it, the honest pros and cons of electing me. What you see is what you'll get if I'm elected. If I'm not elected, I'll still be active in the Deshret doing many of the things I said I will do as Keeper -- though the organizational work won't be something I can do unless elected.
Best of luck to my fellow candidates Kajan and Jakker, and any other candidates who may enter the race.
I'm happy to take questions!
Qualifications
- I've been involved in NationStates gameplay for almost four years and legislating is one of my most enthusiastic interests.
- I have been actively involved in Osiris and have deeply cared about the region's well-being for nearly as long as I've been playing NationStates.
- I am one of three co-founders of the Osiris Fraternal Order.
- I have served as Pharaoh of Osiris twice.
- I served as the OFO's first Vizier and, in that capacity, presided over the Deshret in the absence of a Keeper.
- I was the primary author of the State Code and several other laws. I have contributed in some way to nearly every law on the books.
- Since my return to Osiris three weeks ago, I've authored two pieces of legislation and brought activity to the Deshret, earning me Osiran of the Week this week.
- I will be active. Every day. Anyone who knows me knows this is true. As a result, the Deshret is bound to be more active.
- I will be doing a lot of organizational work most people don't want to do, like cleaning up the Keeper's office and reorganizing the law library into a single-thread law index that will be more accessible and user friendly.
- I will be taking a look at the Procedure and the laws and suggesting amendments to make our processes more efficient and stimulate activity, though I should note I'll be doing this whether I'm elected Keeper or not.
- I can be very argumentative and stubborn, with a hot temper (to say the least), though I've learned to temper this over the past few months.
- My two terms as Pharaoh didn't end well and I resigned before completing either term. I have completed my terms in lesser offices such as Vizier, however.
- I willfully committed treason, was convicted for it, and was just recently pardoned a few months before completing my sentence.
And there we have it, the honest pros and cons of electing me. What you see is what you'll get if I'm elected. If I'm not elected, I'll still be active in the Deshret doing many of the things I said I will do as Keeper -- though the organizational work won't be something I can do unless elected.
Best of luck to my fellow candidates Kajan and Jakker, and any other candidates who may enter the race.
I'm happy to take questions!