Names? Whaa?

Moderators: Pharaoh, Sub-Vizier, Vizier, Chief Vizier

User avatar
Transdavisia
Posts: 1232
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:00 am
Location: Plano, Texas
Contact:

Names? Whaa?

Post by Transdavisia »

So, I've seen people around NS and especially Osiris with 'last names'- for example, some I've seen are Ravenclaw, Stark and Mon-mon-montre-Montressor?

I was wondering what these were for.

Thanks,

Trans


[11:18:38 PM] Knot: Brihimia wins gold.
Spoiler
User avatar
Festavo
Posts: 684
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:00 am

Names? Whaa?

Post by Festavo »

They are NS families. You can marry into or be adopted into one. They don't serve much use besides the name and maybe a cool chat (Montresor-Stark ftw)
~Pharaoh Emeritus of the Osiris Fraternal Order~
Spoiler
Revall wrote:: Festavo is an off his rocker cowboy capable of anything at the drop of a hat.
Plagentine wrote:: You got Festavo'd.
Skype Conversation excerpt:
[8:02:13PM] Nuke: but how can you be more dangerous than festavo? now that guy is a real fucking OG
[8:02:46PM] Koth: Are you drunk, Nuke?
Valrifell wrote:God dammit Fest, you think too much!
Koth wrote:I'm a fucking raider, everyone else can blow me.
Spoiler
User avatar
Transdavisia
Posts: 1232
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:00 am
Location: Plano, Texas
Contact:

Names? Whaa?

Post by Transdavisia »

That sounds intresting- I would like to be in one.


[11:18:38 PM] Knot: Brihimia wins gold.
Spoiler
User avatar
Lord Ravenclaw
Posts: 1442
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:00 am
Location: The Kingdom of Alexandria

Names? Whaa?

Post by Lord Ravenclaw »

Festavo is not entirely correct on his point, but there are two general distinctions of "family" in NationStates.

There are families who use their surname for cosmetic reasons, such as Sanguine in The North Pacific or Isaraider here in Osiris, and those who use their surname for political purposes, like Anumia in Europeia, Montresor in The East Pacific or Cerebella in Albion.

Houses which started in Osiris though, are Stark (mid 2012) (not Montresor-Stark) and Ravenclaw (mid 2013), and both of those groups were centred around Osiris. Neither of them are active in Osiran politics anymore (99% of the Starks have been lost to time, those that remain are generally Montresor-Stark's. While there are a few Ravenclaws, or branch-line descendants left in Osiris, we're not all that involved these days and our primary focus is Kingdom of Alexandria, which arose from the former Enlightened City of Alexandria which was one of Osiris' "Great Cities" - you can find it in the Archives under the Settlement section).
Joshua Ravenclaw
5th April 2012 -
"The Pharaoh-Emeritus of the Imperial Crown" - The Tenth Pharaoh of Osiris
Former Pharaoh of Osiris, First elected Pharaoh of the Osiris Fraternal Order, Former Advisor to the Pharaoh of Osiris
Former Spokespriest and Priest of the Council of Ma'at, Deputy Grand Hedjeti and Priest of the Hedjet and Guardian of the Atef
Former Vice Delegate, Justice and Chief Justice, Former Sepatarch, Co-Spokesperson of the Sepatarchy
Former Vizier of Foreign Affairs, Scribe of Foreign Affairs, Deputy of Foreign Affairs and Director of the Diplomatic Service
Former Global Moderator and Administrator
User avatar
Festavo
Posts: 684
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:00 am

Names? Whaa?

Post by Festavo »

Ah. Sorry for possibly misleading with my post. I only spoke from my experience with families.
~Pharaoh Emeritus of the Osiris Fraternal Order~
Spoiler
Revall wrote:: Festavo is an off his rocker cowboy capable of anything at the drop of a hat.
Plagentine wrote:: You got Festavo'd.
Skype Conversation excerpt:
[8:02:13PM] Nuke: but how can you be more dangerous than festavo? now that guy is a real fucking OG
[8:02:46PM] Koth: Are you drunk, Nuke?
Valrifell wrote:God dammit Fest, you think too much!
Koth wrote:I'm a fucking raider, everyone else can blow me.
Spoiler
User avatar
Lord Ravenclaw
Posts: 1442
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:00 am
Location: The Kingdom of Alexandria

Names? Whaa?

Post by Lord Ravenclaw »

You've gotten off lucky, dude. Osiris doesn't see the whole shitfest of faction problems anymore.
Joshua Ravenclaw
5th April 2012 -
"The Pharaoh-Emeritus of the Imperial Crown" - The Tenth Pharaoh of Osiris
Former Pharaoh of Osiris, First elected Pharaoh of the Osiris Fraternal Order, Former Advisor to the Pharaoh of Osiris
Former Spokespriest and Priest of the Council of Ma'at, Deputy Grand Hedjeti and Priest of the Hedjet and Guardian of the Atef
Former Vice Delegate, Justice and Chief Justice, Former Sepatarch, Co-Spokesperson of the Sepatarchy
Former Vizier of Foreign Affairs, Scribe of Foreign Affairs, Deputy of Foreign Affairs and Director of the Diplomatic Service
Former Global Moderator and Administrator
User avatar
Festavo
Posts: 684
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:00 am

Names? Whaa?

Post by Festavo »

Noted.
~Pharaoh Emeritus of the Osiris Fraternal Order~
Spoiler
Revall wrote:: Festavo is an off his rocker cowboy capable of anything at the drop of a hat.
Plagentine wrote:: You got Festavo'd.
Skype Conversation excerpt:
[8:02:13PM] Nuke: but how can you be more dangerous than festavo? now that guy is a real fucking OG
[8:02:46PM] Koth: Are you drunk, Nuke?
Valrifell wrote:God dammit Fest, you think too much!
Koth wrote:I'm a fucking raider, everyone else can blow me.
Spoiler
User avatar
Transdavisia
Posts: 1232
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:00 am
Location: Plano, Texas
Contact:

Names? Whaa?

Post by Transdavisia »

What about Tim Stark? Is he basically the last remaining Stark in Osiris?


[11:18:38 PM] Knot: Brihimia wins gold.
Spoiler
User avatar
Tim Stark
Posts: 1823
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 12:00 am
Contact:

Names? Whaa?

Post by Tim Stark »

Hi there, I'm Tim Stark, patriarch of House Stark.

Comrade, the Stark Dynasty is still doing rather well, especially after our merger with House Montresor for the mutual benefits it provided. As for House Stark though, it's certainly not just me in Osiris. Other members of note within the Osiran sphere who associate with House Stark, given that they're my children, are both our Scribe of Justice Ivo Stark and our Pharaoh Festavo Montresor-Stark. I give my kids the choice of picking up either Stark or Montresor-Stark, so it all depends on which they pick for themselves.

I'm definitely not the last remaining one in Osiris, though I may be the grumpiest ;)
Tim Stark Objectively Osiris' 2nd Best Pharaoh
User avatar
Zaolat
Posts: 603
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:00 am

Names? Whaa?

Post by Zaolat »

Tim Stark wrote:Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:45 pmHi there, I'm Tim Stark, patriarch of House Stark.

Comrade, the Stark Dynasty is still doing rather well, especially after our merger with House Montresor for the mutual benefits it provided. As for House Stark though, it's certainly not just me in Osiris. Other members of note within the Osiran sphere who associate with House Stark, given that they're my children, are both our Scribe of Justice Ivo Stark and our Pharaoh Festavo Montresor-Stark. I give my kids the choice of picking up either Stark or Montresor-Stark, so it all depends on which they pick for themselves.

I'm definitely not the last remaining one in Osiris, though I may be the grumpiest ;)
Not the original Patriarch.
Zaolat
The First Pharaoh, Pharaoh Emeritus

Spoiler
Avakael wrote:If the UDL is an NGO, then the LKE is very clearly conducting a war on terrorism. Terrorism perpetuated by the United Defenders League, lead by a man who has shaped his organization to have a culture of wishing to wear tights, live in forests, and possibly even dress up as furries, something which only Todd McCloud may do. I believe this war, therefore, should not be a matter of raiding and defending. It's a matter of moral decency. Don't wear tights. Don't live in forests. Don't dress up and roleplay as animals. It's wrong, and the LKE is taking the initiative to exterminate this horrible organization.
<+Zaolat> you know I hear if a man eats lots of pineapples and it's juice good things happen
<+Xoriet> :D
<+Xoriet> Awesome
<@Venico> Sigged
<+Xoriet> VENICO
<+Zeorus> XD
<@Venico> Xoriet! <3
<+Xoriet> I meant Nox's Nether Faerie Dragon ;x;
<@Venico> Uh huh, Sure
<+Xoriet> I didn't even see Zao's thing
<+Xoriet> ;x;
<+Xoriet> I hate you all
<@Venico> Nope
<@Venico> That's copyright
<@Venico> Night Father TM
<@Treize_Dreizehn> <Xoriet> I didn't even see Zao's thing <--- That's what she said.
<@Treize_Dreizehn> my work here is done
<@Venico> Did the pineapple improve it Xoriet?
<+Xoriet> Now I really hold deep loathing for all of you ={
Post Reply

Return to “General Archive”