Page 1 of 4
Justice Nomination
Posted: Thu May 28, 2015 11:28 pm
by Tim Stark
I nominate Amerion for Scribe of Justice.
Justice Nomination
Posted: Fri May 29, 2015 1:28 am
by Ainocra
Seconded.
Justice Nomination
Posted: Fri May 29, 2015 1:38 am
by Lord Ravenclaw
I'm completely fine with that.
Justice Nomination
Posted: Sat May 30, 2015 3:12 pm
by Tim Stark
[class=members]Tim Stark[/class] pokes this thread.
Justice Nomination
Posted: Sat May 30, 2015 4:23 pm
by Andrew
He would make a fine SoJ, I support

Justice Nomination
Posted: Sat May 30, 2015 6:21 pm
by Festavo
Why not?
Justice Nomination
Posted: Sun May 31, 2015 3:50 pm
by Jakker
Giddy up.
Justice Nomination
Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:22 am
by Datford-Zyvetskistaahn
If I may ask the prospective Scribe some brief questions.
Does he share the opinion of the Seshat that actions of the executive are, barring extraordinary circumstances, beyond judicial review;
Does he support the present practice of the Seshat, in regards to issuing advisory opinions on matters of law, that is, does he think it should continue and, if so, how does he think it could be improved, if at all;
What is his opinion on the extent to which the Seshat can, and should, be permitted to refuse to bring a criminal charge before the Pschent;
What hat, of the following three, would he most prefer to wear, were he required, and why: bowler hat, top hat, trilby?
Justice Nomination
Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:18 pm
by Ainocra
Datford-Zyvetskistaahn wrote:Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:22 pmDoes he share the opinion of the Seshat that actions of the executive are, barring extraordinary circumstances, beyond judicial review;
Perhaps you should reread the opinion I put forth. Not all actions of the executive as you would characterize it.
Here I will quote it for you.
The ministry holds that any action that falls within the constitutionally mandated duties of the executive is, barring extraordinary circumstances; beyond such review.
So for instance if the Pharaoh were negotiating a treaty with a foreign government the courts could not declare that to be illegal because it is in fact part of his duties.
Or if the Pharaoh offered up appointments to the Deshret for the various ministries, or for the office of Vizier then such routine actions are beyond review as they are part of the job.
I hope this clarifies your understanding councilor.
Justice Nomination
Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:47 pm
by Lord Ravenclaw
The Pschent cannot overrule the state code. Nor was Datford suggesting as such. I think I need to walk away from this stupidity before I say what I'm thinking.