Vienna wrote:Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:41 pmA couple questions, on foreign affairs and leadership ability:
Apologies for taking so long, I wanted to get to my laptop before answering this.
Vienna wrote:Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:41 pmOsiris has been said to be "looked down upon" in world affairs. How will you change that? And how will you reassure the Osiran people that they are better off when Osiris takes a strong leadership role in world affairs?
I'm not going to say we go full isolationist, I do believe Osiris deserves a seat at the table of interregional affairs.
However, Osiris is plagued with almost crippling inactivity, and I think we should focus on fixing that problem before making ourselves a major player, if we can get there.
A seat at the table of interregional affairs would ensure Osiran stability as it will allow us to strengthen our ties with other GCRs and make the prospects of coups far less likely.
Vienna wrote:Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:41 pmTheorists agree that NS Gameplay is a "trans-pacific trade." How are you going to make Osiris both a respectable GCR and a legitimate Broker?
That's a really clever name.
By showing the other GCRs and UCRs that Osiris can come back from such inactivity and strengthen the already solid community, I believe other regions can change their opinions regarding us, we just have to show them why, and that we can change for the better.
Vienna wrote:Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:41 pmHow will you actually incentivize people to join the Sekhmet? A professional military simply isn't going to work for Osiris when a real threat arises: are you willing to conscript?
Well first we have to organize the Legion into something that people would be proud to be a part of. Then we must show what the Legion can do and make sure our citizens are aware of our military and how they themselves can contribute to it.
I also have very good faith in our current Atef make up to prevent any possible coup attempts, and as I said before I would like to strengthen ties with other regions to further build a barrier between the possibility of an actual coup and a planned one that doesn't get anywhere.
I don't think we would be able to conscript people into the Legion, and I don't think it would be effective to make people do something that they may not want to do. See Vietnam

.
Defense and security should always be a top priority to any administration and Osiran citizen, but I do not believe conscription will assist in that.
Vienna wrote:Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:41 pmIs the NPO a mere “regional power” or is it a clear and present danger to Osiran regional security?
While the NPO has created a lot of issues in Lazarus, I firmly believe that only the cooperation of all Atef members, the Vizier, and Pharaoh could possibly endanger Osiris to any hostile actions from the NPO.
That being said, I do not think the NPO would pose any threat to Osiris if we are cautious in who we entrust to lead us and the bonds we form with other regions are strong.
Vienna wrote:Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:41 pmThe easiest thing to do as Pharaoh is to attract smart policy advisors. How do we know that you know enough to not just accept what they say? You're not going to see a consensus decision every day, so what will influence your decision-making?
You've known me for a long time, so you know how I operate. For everyone else, I operate relatively simply in leadership positions.
I do not blindly accept the advice of one singular person, nor do I kowtow to a small group.
I take all advice offered and reflect on it, and then I again consult advisers on the course of action I plan to take.
Leadership is about being able to form a consensus, or at least come close, and I plan to make sure that every voice at the table is heard and appropriately valued.
That being said, I will not hesitate to take actions that might be unpopular if they are in the best interests of Osiris, and I will woork actively to try and convince others that the actions are in the best interests of Osiris.
Vienna wrote:Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:41 pmWhat are the most important principles you’d follow in governing and leading your Hedjet?
Effectiveness, good communication, unity, humility, and boldness.
Thank you for your questions Vienna, I really enjoyed them, you ask good ones

.