Page 5 of 5

Reforms to the Scribe of Justice

Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:18 pm
by Victor Siege
Is this the actual motion? May I second it?

If so, I second the motion.

Reforms to the Scribe of Justice

Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:07 pm
by War Wombat
I also second.

Reforms to the Scribe of Justice

Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:54 pm
by Datford-Zyvetskistaahn
Victor Siege wrote:Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:18 pmIs this the actual motion? May I second it?

If so, I second the motion.
So far as I am concerned, yes, that was, at last, the actual motion and you may :P

Reforms to the Scribe of Justice

Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:07 pm
by Andrew
I will put this to vote ASAP

Reforms to the Scribe of Justice

Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:51 pm
by Victor Siege
I'll be completely honest, I do not understand the proposal.

We're creating a new position to oversee trials but I'm not sure why.

Reforms to the Scribe of Justice

Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:56 pm
by Datford-Zyvetskistaahn
Presently, all trials are under the purview of the Scribe of Seshat, who is responsible to the Pharaoh (and, indeed, who's position could be removed entirely, with the Pharaoh overseeing it personally), this would include trials of the Pharaoh themselves. It is my view, and it appears the view of at least some others, that it would not be the best for justice in Osiris for the Pharaoh to be able to direct their own prosecution, for the Pharaoh has an obvious interest in not being prosecuted. The Bill, then, allows for the Keeper of the Deshret to prosecute, or appoint someone else to prosecute, in the extraordinary case of crimes allegedly committed by the Pharaoh.

Reforms to the Scribe of Justice

Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:03 pm
by Victor Siege
I see. Thank you for the concise explanation?

Reforms to the Scribe of Justice

Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:39 pm
by Datford-Zyvetskistaahn
Just to note, if I may, this is presently at vote here.

Reforms to the Scribe of Justice

Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:36 pm
by Datford-Zyvetskistaahn
Seeing as this bill has spectacularly failed (though admittedly more spectacularly than I had thought likely), I'm going to let this lie and move onto another matter.