Page 4 of 5

Thar he Blows

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:26 pm
by The Almighty Jesus Whale
Marselesk wrote:Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:05 pmAn interesting platform indeed. Quite tempted to vote for you, i must say.
Thank you!

Maybe I can earn your second preference :P.
Shadoke wrote:Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:26 pmI officially endorse Jesus Whale for Pharoah. I see him as a well rounded Candidate. My main reason for this is he is focused on Osiris, which is ideal for the highest position here.
Thank you Shad!

Thar he Blows

Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:47 am
by Yuno
your ideas are clear and well planned. you work with us people.
:puppy:
I'll ask stuff later >u<

Thar he Blows

Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:28 am
by The Almighty Jesus Whale
Yuno wrote:Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:47 amyour ideas are clear and well planned. you work with us people.
:puppy:
I'll ask stuff later >u<
Thank you, I love answering questions :P!

Thar he Blows

Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:13 pm
by Yuno
Integration Corps which shall be tasked with informing and updated the members of the region about what they can do for the region,


^^^^nice.

the Sekhmet Legion is in desperate need of recruitment and energy, and I do believe mentorship as lined out in the Integration Corps is an important way to get the Legion back on track.

^^^^ ?? mentorship in integration corps and sekhmet legion, what? -confused-
(looks like something I didn't do research on)


A past idea that was brought up by Ainocra during his run for Pharaoh was mock trials. While critics might say this delegitimizes the Pschent, I see it as an opportunity to show citizens how the Osiran Legal System works, and to give the Pschent some much needed use. Further reforms to our Judiciary must be made and built off of the reforms already made by Elder Datford, and it is up to us to accomplish them. There have been calls to make the Scribe of Justice a position independent of the Executive, but I do not believe this is the right course of action, as those calls also wish for the position to then hold no other position in the government. While in principle this is a good idea, it stifles activity throughout the OFO, and is not the right course of action.

^^^????? explain x.x


I will propose the creation of a Public Advocate type position, elected by the Deshret to serve as not only a public defender for citizens who may not understand complex legalese and an educator of the legal system

^^^^what? why? Do citizens get convicted? I do imagine a public defender answering all the questions regular curious citizens have though!


I believe we should institute a quasi upper house of elected representatives to serve as a companion body to the Deshret.


^^^^noooo! Does this mean their word holds more weight than the Deshret? A select few people, elected...? I understand this working in real life U.S with millions in populations but we don't have that many deshret to begin with...and now a few elective representatives to rep the deshret who represents everyone else.....i don't like the sound of it. I understand competition makes deshret people more inclined to work harder, but really when you don't have enough authority to do something unless you become an elected rep, it's only going to make it harder to create activity.


I would like to create a system similar to the Integration Corps for governmental activities. A Mentor system for those who want to help Osiris through its government. I myself only became seriously

^^^^sure! Sounds helpful! Hopefully the sensei doesn't get bored :D















Thar he Blows

Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:34 pm
by The Almighty Jesus Whale
You kind of made this difficult to quote, so I'll only quote the questions.
Yuno wrote:Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:13 pm^^^^ ?? mentorship in integration corps and sekhmet legion, what? -confused-
(looks like something I didn't do research on)
The Integration Corps would have mentors for Media, Culture, the Legion, the Deshret, and other areas that could use veterans to help train new people.
Yuno wrote:Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:13 pm ^^^????? explain x.x
A person pretend to be accused of breaking a crime, the Scribe of Justice prosecutes them, the Elders listen to the arguments and make rulings, etc.

We'd have someone from the Oracle cover the trial and publish it.
Yuno wrote:Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:13 pm^^^^what? why? Do citizens get convicted? I do imagine a public defender answering all the questions regular curious citizens have though!
The Public Advocate position I have in mind is more of a watchdog who can bring the government to task if they do illegal things, and watch out for citizens who break laws and need legal assistance.

They'd be kind of like a permanent Special Prosecutor.
Yuno wrote:Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:13 pm^^^^noooo! Does this mean their word holds more weight than the Deshret? A select few people, elected...? I understand this working in real life U.S with millions in populations but we don't have that many deshret to begin with...and now a few elective representatives to rep the deshret who represents everyone else.....i don't like the sound of it. I understand competition makes deshret people more inclined to work harder, but really when you don't have enough authority to do something unless you become an elected rep, it's only going to make it harder to create activity.
No. Like I told Cormac, the upper house would basically be an advisory body on steroids.

What I'm envisioning, still hammering out the details, is a body of about seven to ten people, who pass legislation, treaties, and appoints, and then pass these onto the Deshret, since the Deshret is open to all citizens.

What I'm thinking, and I'm not too sure about it yet so if I walk back on it please don't get pitch forks :P, is making the Deshret open to any and all citizens, and the other body being our legislative body.

Basically, we'd pass everything through our representatives and then the citizens would ratify it.

Make sense?

Thar he Blows

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:38 am
by Cormac
Nevermind.

Thar he Blows

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:29 pm
by Tim Stark
The Almighty Jesus Whale wrote:Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:40 am
Tir-Na-Nog-Ta wrote:Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:33 amIn the case of a legal tool being developed before the end of your term, will you leave it up to the Scribe of War to make decisions regarding it's use, or leave the decision to yourself and/or a combination of "high up" members?
I would discuss the issue with my Hedjet, make sure that it was indeed 100% legal, and then consult the Deshret.
So is that to say, you would not discount the idea of the Sekhmet Legion turning into a script-based military?

Thar he Blows

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:59 pm
by The Almighty Jesus Whale
Tim Stark wrote:Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:29 pmSo is that to say, you would not discount the idea of the Sekhmet Legion turning into a script-based military?
No, in fact I'm very much against the idea of the Legion becoming script based.

Full script usage for all operations implies lack of skill and basically respect for your opponent, at least to me personally, others may feel differently.

What I'm saying is I would not discourage the use of scripts for some operations, but I do believe we have the potential to grow the Legion into an example of what a skill driven military can be.

Of course this won't happen overnight and the Legion will need a lot of reorganization and restructuring before we can start the process to get there.

Thar he Blows

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:37 pm
by Ridersyl
The Almighty Jesus Whale wrote:What I'm saying is I would not discourage the use of scripts for some operations, but I do believe we have the potential to grow the Legion into an example of what a skill driven military can be.

Of course this won't happen overnight and the Legion will need a lot of reorganization and restructuring before we can start the process to get there.
I was able to witness a military leader reshape a GCR's regional military into her image.
Therefore I will say, if you believe you can accomplish the same with the Legion within the time Osiris allows a Pharaoh to serve their term, you are extremely optimistic. :)

Thar he Blows

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:40 pm
by The Almighty Jesus Whale
Ridersyl wrote:Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:37 pm
The Almighty Jesus Whale wrote:What I'm saying is I would not discourage the use of scripts for some operations, but I do believe we have the potential to grow the Legion into an example of what a skill driven military can be.

Of course this won't happen overnight and the Legion will need a lot of reorganization and restructuring before we can start the process to get there.
I was able to witness a military leader reshape a GCR's regional military into her image.
Therefore I will say, if you believe you can accomplish the same with the Legion within the time Osiris allows a Pharaoh to serve their term, you are extremely optimistic. :)
As I've said frequently, it won't happen overnight or with the wave of a wand.

It's going to take hard work that each and everyone one of us is going to have to contribute to.