Page 3 of 5

Ainocra for Pharaoh

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:06 pm
by Lord Ravenclaw
I am very curious. Is there a native of Osiris which such a wealth of foreign affairs experience? I'm fairly sure the majority of those were lost over the course of the Osiran civil war. There is Diamete/Sentimental Journey of course, but he's staying in TWP. Quadrimmina is gone. Biyah and Dali are (obviously) gone. George, is gone. Earth, is gone. Zao is dealing with RL. Asta is gone. Cormac, is gone. Tim is currently Pharaoh, but would be a valuable person.

(Please don't say Douria was both a) a native and b) a wealth of foreign affairs experience; he was neither. He was an opportunist.)

Ainocra for Pharaoh

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:14 pm
by Ainocra
As I've said I'm somewhat loathe to count my chickens before they have hatched.

However with some luck and the support of the voters I will hopefully be able to tell you on the fifth.


Ainocra for Pharaoh

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:18 pm
by Lord Ravenclaw
I very highly doubt that any Osiran native would be adverse to the longest serving diplomat in Osiris' history finding out about their job offer. Seeing as right now, my vote can go either way and I generally vote based on peoples' capability with my key area of expertise.

Unless you are planning to appoint an outsider to the role and are simply trying to keep it away from people like me as long as possible because you know what my reaction would be? But I'm sure you wouldn't do that. You wouldn't outsource our foreign affairs and foreign policy to someone with their primary loyalty to another region right?

Ainocra for Pharaoh

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:24 pm
by Ainocra
Well if I am elected then you will have plenty of time to debate my nominations in the Deshret. I trust if there is some issue with them we should all be aware of that you will raise it.
I really don't know about your feelings regarding my potential scribe. I can't recall you ever saying anything overtly negative about them though.


Ainocra for Pharaoh

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:27 pm
by Lord Ravenclaw
I'm not sure your memory is an appropriate judge of how I will respond to a nomination for Foreign Affairs. That said, I maintain my request to hear of the Osiran native who will be nominated for the position of Scribe of Horus.

Ainocra for Pharaoh

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:32 pm
by Xoriet Montresor
I'm going to cut to the chase and not dance around problems I see here. I'll be visiting the other candidates, but I'll begin here.

Ainocra. I've been a GCR Delegate before. Do you know what I've learned that people absolutely need from their Delegate, and even prospective Delegate?

Answers.

Reassurance.


This campaign of half answers is not what people need. You've been giving answers that are too vague to be certain about. Why should you become Pharaoh if you will not give a straightforward answer? People need reassurance, to know exactly who and what they are endorsing for three months.

You're relatively new to the concept of running for GCR Delegacy. I'll assure you now that it is one of the most grueling, unpleasant, and stressful experiences in this game. A GCR Delegate is responsible for the well-being of the people, and for everything they need. A GCR Delegate will be the one representing the people. Your allies and prospective allies will also need reassurance and answers from you.

Your campaign, in my eyes, is why you deserve to be Delegate and "I'll bring out a credible person, I promise."

As Delegate, what will you offer the region in terms of answers and reassurance?

Ainocra for Pharaoh

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:35 pm
by Ainocra
Thank you for your sound advice. I'm sorry if my answers haven't been as forthcoming as some might like.

In my eyes it would be the height of arrogance to even appear to appoint people to a job before actually winning the election.
I'm sorry but for me it's a matter of principle. I would hope the voters would appreciate that.

As I've previously stated if there is some issue with my nominees then it can and should be dealt with during the confirmation process which is why we have such a process.
I have the utmost confidence in the Deshret's ability to do their duty in this regard.

I understand the job is grueling, but this is a challenge I know that I can meet. I have a great deal of experience in online leadership roles outside of NS.
I have in my years led several guilds and gaming clans across a broad spectrum of interests. Let's see, my first such job was on a mud called fires of heaven some 15 odd years ago.
I led three different guilds there and worked as an immortal and a builder for the same. Back in the early 2000's I first joined then rose to lead Jedi Knight gaming clan which is where my Darth Famine Moniker comes from. At it's height we had somewhere around 350 active members in the JA division and over three thousand in the clan as a whole. Over the last several years I have simultaneously led guilds in SWToR, and in The Secret World.

In my job outside of the cyber universe I enjoy a leadership role as well.

So I can assure the voters with full confidence that I can not only do the job, but excel at it.


Ainocra for Pharaoh

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:28 pm
by Xoriet Montresor
Your confidence is encouraging.

But Ainocra, NS is not another browser game. It is its own individual place. You'll find that leadership roles elsewhere may enable you to know what is needed as the concept of a leader. Good, you know leadership.

I'll tell you a bit about the Delegacies I've watched, and my own.

Unless the Delegate is dead inactive, the challenges, drama, and stress will pile up beyond what you expect. Everything will fall at your feet - every flaw, issue, or crisis. You can go into the Delegacy fully confident and leave feeling inadequate. There is no guaranteeing that you will be everything that you can promise early on. '

People with agendas will approach you with no intention to lose out.

People you count on to do a good job will disappear due to IRL.

People may disagree with your decisions and leave.


I went into it knowing that there was no way things would go according to plan. I was, of course, quite right. Nothing went the way I expected. I know my current Delegate in TEP has a history of getting the worst FA disasters during his - the Osi-Laz conflict and the coup of Lazarus by the NPO are two notable examples.

Choices you make will inevitably be unpopular, and you can and probably will lose support.

You can guarantee your best, Ainocra, but guaranteeing excellence is stretching too much in the face of history.

Ainocra for Pharaoh

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:51 pm
by Ainocra
The only thing you have said that I would disagree with is excellence.

I can and do guarantee excellence, perhaps not popularity in the long run as you so wisely pointed out.

But I will do my duty to Osiris, and I will excel at it and if that makes me unpopular then such is the price.
I will pay it, and be glad to do so.




Ainocra for Pharaoh

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:58 pm
by Xoriet Montresor
What is your standard of excellence?