Justice Nomination
Moderator: Pharaoh
- War Wombat
- Posts: 1761
- Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:00 am
Justice Nomination
I third.
"As a marsupial, you provide the insult"
-TAO

Former Titles:
-TAO

Spoiler

Former Titles:
Spoiler
Keeper of the Deshret
Vizier of Osiris
Scribe of Culture
Assistant Director of the Diplomatic Service of Osiris
Ambassador of Osiris to The North Pacific
Ambassador of Osiris to the South Pacific (possibly)
Member of the Balder Riksdag
Vizier of Osiris
Scribe of Culture
Assistant Director of the Diplomatic Service of Osiris
Ambassador of Osiris to The North Pacific
Ambassador of Osiris to the South Pacific (possibly)
Member of the Balder Riksdag
Justice Nomination
I fourth.
~ Tomb
~ Tomb
Tomb
Former Citizen, Councilor, Scribe of Culture, Scribe of World Assembly Affairs, Deputy Scribe of World Assembly Affairs, and Keeper of the Deshret.
Former Citizen, Councilor, Scribe of Culture, Scribe of World Assembly Affairs, Deputy Scribe of World Assembly Affairs, and Keeper of the Deshret.
Justice Nomination
I move to bring this to a vote as soon as possible.
Alcon Enta
Fleet Marshal of Ainocra
Former Foreign Minister and Top Banana of Monkey Island
Former Keeper of the Deshret and Vizier of Osiris
"From far, from eve and morning and yon twelve-winded sky, the stuff of life to knit blew hither: here am I. ...Now--for a breath I tarry nor yet disperse apart--take my hand quick and tell me, what have you in your heart." --Roger Zelazny
Fleet Marshal of Ainocra
Former Foreign Minister and Top Banana of Monkey Island
Former Keeper of the Deshret and Vizier of Osiris
"From far, from eve and morning and yon twelve-winded sky, the stuff of life to knit blew hither: here am I. ...Now--for a breath I tarry nor yet disperse apart--take my hand quick and tell me, what have you in your heart." --Roger Zelazny
Justice Nomination
Councillor Datford-Zyvetskistaahn, do you have any other questions you would like me to answer? I am more than happy to do so.
- Datford-Zyvetskistaahn
- Posts: 259
- Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:00 am
Justice Nomination
I think those questions suffice for the moment, I might ask more.
Possessor of a signature
Justice Nomination
Do I see a second?Ainocra wrote:Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:51 amI move to bring this to a vote as soon as possible.
Andrew Grey-Anumia
Spoiler
- Former x2 term Minister of HA (TNP)
- Incumbent Deputy Min. of HA (TNP)
- Incumbent Court Justice (TNP)
- NPA Corporal (TNP)
- HA Mentoring Director (TNP)
- x3 Keeper of the Osiran Deshret (Osiris)
- x2 Scribe of Media (Osiris)
- Sekhmet Legion Corporal (Osiris)
- x3 Former Curator of the Deshret (Osiris)
- Councilor of the Deshret
- Former Deputy Director of the Assembly (Lazarus)
- Former Minister of War (Balder)
- Former Minister of Integration and Civic Service (Balder)
- Jomskivikings (Balder)
- x1 member of the Storting (Balder)
- x2 Member of the Senat (La France)
- x1 Prime Minister of La France
- x2 Member of Parliament (CoDN)
- Election Commissioner (TNP)
- x1 Minister of Foreign Affairs (CoDN)
- Interim Prime Minister (CoDN)
- Citizen of every GCR except TEP and TRR, Former Citizen of Europeia, Spiritus and CoDN. Citizen of Albion, KBG, UK, BI and Alexandria
Spoiler

Justice Nomination
I second the motion.
It does seem like Datford-Zyvetskistaahn has questions he'd like answered, so I hope Amerion sees them at some point.
It does seem like Datford-Zyvetskistaahn has questions he'd like answered, so I hope Amerion sees them at some point.
- Datford-Zyvetskistaahn
- Posts: 259
- Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:00 am
Justice Nomination
The aforesaid potential further questions have came to me.
Does he have any particular view as to the future of the Priesthood and Scribe of Seshat, in light of the recent discussions as to potentially transferring its functions to the Pschent/the Keeper, and to the means by which the Scribe is chosen;
Related to my second earlier question, does he view that the Kenbet proposed and created (though, I do not think fully implemented and since abandoned) by the then Scribe of Seshat, now Elder Zeorus, has merit as a method of providing legal assistance to citizens and organs of government, and would he implement a similar system?
(Linky to the relevant announcement on the Kenbet)
Does he have any particular view as to the future of the Priesthood and Scribe of Seshat, in light of the recent discussions as to potentially transferring its functions to the Pschent/the Keeper, and to the means by which the Scribe is chosen;
Related to my second earlier question, does he view that the Kenbet proposed and created (though, I do not think fully implemented and since abandoned) by the then Scribe of Seshat, now Elder Zeorus, has merit as a method of providing legal assistance to citizens and organs of government, and would he implement a similar system?
(Linky to the relevant announcement on the Kenbet)
Possessor of a signature
Justice Nomination
I would like to note that I have seen the questions and will answer them as soon I can.
Justice Nomination
As the Vizier has offered, “any action that falls within the constitutionally mandated duties of the executive is, barring extraordinary circumstances; beyond such review.”Does he share the opinion of the Seshat that actions of the executive are, barring extraordinary circumstances, beyond judicial review;
On this note, I would agree with the Vizier. However, all actions which go beyond their respective constitutionally provided mandate is applicable for review by the Seshat.
I am supportive of issuing non-binding advisory opinions regarding questions of law. I believe that it will indeed continue. To the last point addressed in your question, should I be confirmed, I will conduct a thorough review of the current system employed by the Seshat to determine areas of possible improvement and present it for public opinion.Does he support the present practice of the Seshat, in regards to issuing advisory opinions on matters of law, that is, does he think it should continue and, if so, how does he think it could be improved, if at all;
Should grounds for prosecution, evidence and possibility of conviction exist then the Seshat will not dismiss a case. It is the duty of the Seshat to represent the people in these matters and it will do so accordingly. The Seshat should not be permitted to refuse to bring forth a criminal charge if the aforementioned exist.What is his opinion on the extent to which the Seshat can, and should, be permitted to refuse to bring a criminal charge before the Pschent;
This is a difficult question. I would have to say that I would prefer to wear a bowler on the basis that I look would damn good, as usual.What hat, of the following three, would he most prefer to wear, were he required, and why: bowler hat, top hat, trilby?
I shall speak objectively on this matter. As a Councillor, I am satisfied with the status quo and I respectfully disagree with nations who find the vacancy of positions and in this instance the lack of activity by the Seshat to be reasons for the removal such positions. I find the lack of activity necessitated of the Seshat to be a positive. My stance on this matter is that the Scribe of Justice should be afforded substantial independence. This is imperative should the holder be required to prosecute nations who he/she are subordinate to. However with this being said, I defer the matter to my fellow Councillors who do not have a vested interest in the issue.Does he have any particular view as to the future of the Priesthood and Scribe of Seshat, in light of the recent discussions as to potentially transferring its functions to the Pschent/the Keeper, and to the means by which the Scribe is chosen;
It would be my first priority as Scribe to review all suggestions put forth or previously made. In due time, I will examine this system and welcome input from my fellow nations.Does he view that the Kenbet proposed and created (though, I do not think fully implemented and since abandoned) by the then Scribe of Seshat, now Elder Zeorus, has merit as a method of providing legal assistance to citizens and organs of government, and would he implement a similar system?