Page 2 of 8
[Draft] Constitution of the Osiris Fraternal Order
Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:00 pm
by Andrew
That is a shame. But Cormac, I'm glad to see you still care for the well being of Osiris

And its also good to have you back.
[Draft] Constitution of the Osiris Fraternal Order
Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:09 pm
by Cormac
Andrew wrote:Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:00 amThat is a shame. But Cormac, I'm glad to see you still care for the well being of Osiris

And its also good to have you back.
I'm caring less by the minute, but thanks for saying it's good to have me back. You're in the minority there.

[Draft] Constitution of the Osiris Fraternal Order
Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:24 pm
by Tim Stark
For the record, I do think it's good to have you back and my ego is certainly worth at least 20, right?
Don't get me wrong, I have plenty of issues with the current status quo, but I just don't feel comfortable personally with some of the changes proposed. I'm very likely wrong, who knows. Just my two cents there, and I certainly encourage you to continue pursuing the proposal if you believe it's something necessary to have. This ain't the SC and I'll certainly beat heads if people do get into snide remarks rather than debating.
[Draft] Constitution of the Osiris Fraternal Order
Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:35 pm
by Cormac
Tim Stark wrote:Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:24 amFor the record, I do think it's good to have you back and my ego is certainly worth at least 20, right?
Don't get me wrong, I have plenty of issues with the current status quo, but I just don't feel comfortable personally with some of the changes proposed. I'm very likely wrong, who knows. Just my two cents there, and I certainly encourage you to continue pursuing the proposal if you believe it's something necessary to have. This ain't the SC and I'll certainly beat heads if people do get into snide remarks rather than debating.
Nothing passes the Deshret without the current Pharaoh's approval. I'm not going to waste my time pursuing this any further, but I'm also not going to waste my time trying to legislate a failed system into not being a failed system. All the legislation in the world won't save it; nothing will save it.
[Draft] Constitution of the Osiris Fraternal Order
Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:35 pm
by Ainocra
For the record I must disagree with the notion that the Deshret does what it's told. It does in my view suffer from a bit of gridlock but I see that as those who wish to maintain the status quo voting to do just that. I think the all or nothing approach is just too much for one vote. this issue is very complex, and attempting to omnibus it is not the best method.
And I am glad you're back. (obligatory joke about when are you leaving again here)
[Draft] Constitution of the Osiris Fraternal Order
Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:40 pm
by Cormac
Ainocra wrote:Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:35 amFor the record I must disagree with the notion that the Deshret does what it's told. It does in my view suffer from a bit of gridlock but I see that as those who wish to maintain the status quo voting to do just that. I think the all or nothing approach is just too much for one vote. this issue is very complex, and attempting to omnibus it is not the best method.
And I am glad you're back. (obligatory joke about when are you leaving again here)
There's no way not to omnibus it. The sections of the State Code are interconnected; just making the Deshret open to all citizens would require amendments to
every section of the State Code and almost all of our laws. Then when we change the next thing we'll have to go back and amend
every section again.
Regarding the Deshret, do you have some other explanation for ratifying a TRR NAP, declaring war, repealing a TRR NAP, and repealing a declaration of war, all in the span of less than three months? The Deshret does what it's told by the sitting Pharaoh.
I would imagine I'll be leaving again when the inevitable future rogue Delegate throws me out like we threw Empire out.
[Draft] Constitution of the Osiris Fraternal Order
Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:55 pm
by Ainocra
I will have to go review the debates on those topics and see as they all took place before I joined the Deshret. However the Deshret has grown under my care and should continue to do so. The problem is one of participation. We as a government need to get more people participating and help them when they do.
as for a rogue delegate, frankly the way the NS game is structured would need changing to solve that issue.
The way the game is now, any small group of high influence people can take a region with the proper backing.
nothing we legislate here will fix that.
[Draft] Constitution of the Osiris Fraternal Order
Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:35 pm
by War Wombat
If you've abandoned this proposal, Cormac, can I steal it?
[Draft] Constitution of the Osiris Fraternal Order
Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:38 pm
by Cormac
War Wombat wrote:Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:35 amIf you've abandoned this proposal, Cormac, can I steal it?
The Pharaoh is apparently reconsidering (without my prompting, I should add), so I may go ahead and continue with it. I see little point in continuing if the Pharaoh remains opposed; I know how proposals opposed by the sitting Pharaoh end up in Osiris.
For the record, I'm happy to discuss
revision. What bothers me is when something I spend time working on gets shot down wholesale, without much consideration, because it's a change to the status quo. I apologize for losing my temper but honestly, this stuff doesn't get drafted in five minutes.
[Draft] Constitution of the Osiris Fraternal Order
Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:46 pm
by Ainocra
good, there is a great deal of merit in the ideas put forth but in my view they need more work.