[Passed] Scroll of Ma'at

Moderator: Pharaoh

Chingis

[Passed] Scroll of Ma'at

Post by Chingis »

At first I didn't want to vote, but Cormac has my family hostage.

Aye.
Xoriet Montresor

[Passed] Scroll of Ma'at

Post by Xoriet Montresor »

Aye.
<@Zeorus> Xoriet is my favorite fendascum <3<+Venico> Fun Fact: I have taken on the guise of a female with a bouncer to flirt with male GPers =P[9:49:56 PM] Sev: I like making other people do my bitchwork ;)
Koth
The Root of All Evil
The Root of All Evil

Honors

[Passed] Scroll of Ma'at

Post by Koth »

Abstain

His Majesty Ambroscus Koth Vytherov, Hasal-Pharaoh, Bru'uh of Osiris
Khetemtai in the House of Sekhmet
Recipient of the Crown of Osiris
Recipient of the Violet Jewel of Atum

Joshua Bluteisen

[Passed] Scroll of Ma'at

Post by Joshua Bluteisen »

Aye
Resident Angry Old Person of the Osiris Fraternal Order
House Bluteisen
Axis of Evil on EsperNet & SwiftIRC || ygfbv on ColdFront <Zeorus> because we're not all smart like you, Axis
<Zeorus> some of us have the privilege of being dumb ;_;
Spoiler
Patriarch of House Bluteisen
Owner of the New Galactic Empire forum
Legionnaire of the Sekhmet Legion & Soldier of the Imperial Sovereign Realms Army
Red Guard of the New Galactic Empire
Holder of the Scale of Ma'at
Holder of the Seal of Vigilance
Spoiler
Medjai Guardsman
Vizier of the Osiris Fraternal Order
Marshal General of the Sekhmet Legion
Sepatarch of the 7th Sepatarchy of the Kemetic Republic of Osiris
Acting-Pharaoh of the Osiris Fraternal Order
Osiran Atef
Tim Stark

[Passed] Scroll of Ma'at

Post by Tim Stark »

Aye
Tim Stark Objectively Osiris' 2nd Best Pharaoh
Dalimbar

[Passed] Scroll of Ma'at

Post by Dalimbar »

It is with regret that I must declare Vienna's vote invalid. I must do so because in the "Investiture of Legislative Power" extending legislative authority to this body from the Pharaoh, the Pharaoh indicated:
Cormac wrote:All citizens admitted to citizenship prior to this Proclamation of Investiture will have a vote in the Council of Scribes during the interim period prior to ratification of a constitution.
and is supplemented by Rule 2 of the Temporary Rules of the Council of Scribes, as stated:
Temporary Rules of the Council of Scribes wrote:2.Individuals who are granted citizenship during the Convention may sit in Convention without vote.
I wish to make it clear that anyone who has citizenship, be they granted before or during the creation of this Convention, may weigh in. Yet, we have this particular rule to prevent malicious vote-stacking. I am not suggesting that Vienna is doing that, but rather is the victim of bad timing. I look forward to hearing from Vienna in discussions, as they have been a productive and insightful member in this Convention.

Sincerest apologies,

Dali,
Chief Scribe.
Dalimbar
Resting Tyrant Face
Speaker and Guardian of The West Pacific
Delegate (Ret.) and first constitutional Pharaoh of Osiris
Delegate (Ret.) of The North Pacific
Member of the Ex-Feeder Tyrant Club
Jakker

[Passed] Scroll of Ma'at

Post by Jakker »

Abstain
Vienna

[Passed] Scroll of Ma'at

Post by Vienna »

I call upon the Pharaoh to rule on the legitimacy of the Temporary Rules, which were implemented unilaterally with neither the input or consent of the Council or the Pharaoh.
Cormac

Honors

[Passed] Scroll of Ma'at

Post by Cormac »

Vienna wrote:Sun May 08, 2016 2:55 pmI call upon the Pharaoh to rule on the legitimacy of the Temporary Rules, which were implemented unilaterally with neither the input or consent of the Council or the Pharaoh.
The clauses of the Temporary Rules in question were based on the Investiture of Legislative Power, which was issued by the authority of the Pharaoh and by authorization of the Transitional Government. The Investiture explicitly limits voting in the Council of Scribes, prior to ratification of a constitution, to citizens admitted before the Investiture. Additionally, the Investiture authorizes the Chief Scribe, Dalimbar, to determine legislative procedure where no established rules exist.

It is therefore the ruling of the Pharaoh that Clauses 1-2 of the Temporary Rules of the Council of Scribes (Constitutional Convention) are consistent with the Investiture of Legislative Power issued by the Transitional Government of the Osiris Fraternal Order.

I want to emphasize that this rule was not created to target any particular individual; it was drafted before Vienna ever re-applied for citizenship, and Vienna's contributions during the course of the convention have been helpful and we appreciate her input. This rule was, as the Chief Scribe indicated, implemented to prevent the possibility of vote stacking either for or against constitutional drafts, and it is similar to rules adopted in many regions, including this one, that either prevent admission of new citizens during an election period or prevent citizens admitted after an election period has started from voting in an election. We recognize that the rule is inconvenient for new citizens, but it is a temporary rule that will expire once the convention is closed.

I would ask that further discussion of these rulings please be taken to a separate thread to avoid further discussion in a voting thread.
His Majesty Cormac Skollvaldr
Bru'uh of Osiris - Co-Founder of the Osiris Fraternal Order
Hasal-Pharaoh of Osiris (3x)
Khetemtai in the House of Osiris

"Follow your arrow wherever it points." - Kacey Musgraves, "Follow Your Arrow"
Cormac

Honors

[Passed] Scroll of Ma'at

Post by Cormac »

Voting closed as of 09 May 2016 at 7:30 p.m. EDT. Please standby for the official voting results from the Chief Scribe.
His Majesty Cormac Skollvaldr
Bru'uh of Osiris - Co-Founder of the Osiris Fraternal Order
Hasal-Pharaoh of Osiris (3x)
Khetemtai in the House of Osiris

"Follow your arrow wherever it points." - Kacey Musgraves, "Follow Your Arrow"

Return to “Legislative Archive”