Amendment to section 2;3;a; posthumus Discussion
Moderator: Pharaoh
Amendment to section 2;3;a; posthumus Discussion
Councilor
I have explained it repeatedly.
As this has been moved and seconded twice I feel we should bring it to a vote and remove this clause so that we may get back to the business of governing.
I have explained it repeatedly.
As this has been moved and seconded twice I feel we should bring it to a vote and remove this clause so that we may get back to the business of governing.
Alcon Enta
Fleet Marshal of Ainocra
Former Foreign Minister and Top Banana of Monkey Island
Former Keeper of the Deshret and Vizier of Osiris
"From far, from eve and morning and yon twelve-winded sky, the stuff of life to knit blew hither: here am I. ...Now--for a breath I tarry nor yet disperse apart--take my hand quick and tell me, what have you in your heart." --Roger Zelazny
Fleet Marshal of Ainocra
Former Foreign Minister and Top Banana of Monkey Island
Former Keeper of the Deshret and Vizier of Osiris
"From far, from eve and morning and yon twelve-winded sky, the stuff of life to knit blew hither: here am I. ...Now--for a breath I tarry nor yet disperse apart--take my hand quick and tell me, what have you in your heart." --Roger Zelazny
Amendment to section 2;3;a; posthumus Discussion
Noted. I will put it to vote shortly.Ainocra wrote:Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:36 pmCouncilor
I have explained it repeatedly.
As this has been moved and seconded twice I feel we should bring it to a vote and remove this clause so that we may get back to the business of governing.
Andrew Grey-Anumia
Spoiler
- Former x2 term Minister of HA (TNP)
- Incumbent Deputy Min. of HA (TNP)
- Incumbent Court Justice (TNP)
- NPA Corporal (TNP)
- HA Mentoring Director (TNP)
- x3 Keeper of the Osiran Deshret (Osiris)
- x2 Scribe of Media (Osiris)
- Sekhmet Legion Corporal (Osiris)
- x3 Former Curator of the Deshret (Osiris)
- Councilor of the Deshret
- Former Deputy Director of the Assembly (Lazarus)
- Former Minister of War (Balder)
- Former Minister of Integration and Civic Service (Balder)
- Jomskivikings (Balder)
- x1 member of the Storting (Balder)
- x2 Member of the Senat (La France)
- x1 Prime Minister of La France
- x2 Member of Parliament (CoDN)
- Election Commissioner (TNP)
- x1 Minister of Foreign Affairs (CoDN)
- Interim Prime Minister (CoDN)
- Citizen of every GCR except TEP and TRR, Former Citizen of Europeia, Spiritus and CoDN. Citizen of Albion, KBG, UK, BI and Alexandria
Spoiler

Amendment to section 2;3;a; posthumus Discussion
My thanks Keeper
Alcon Enta
Fleet Marshal of Ainocra
Former Foreign Minister and Top Banana of Monkey Island
Former Keeper of the Deshret and Vizier of Osiris
"From far, from eve and morning and yon twelve-winded sky, the stuff of life to knit blew hither: here am I. ...Now--for a breath I tarry nor yet disperse apart--take my hand quick and tell me, what have you in your heart." --Roger Zelazny
Fleet Marshal of Ainocra
Former Foreign Minister and Top Banana of Monkey Island
Former Keeper of the Deshret and Vizier of Osiris
"From far, from eve and morning and yon twelve-winded sky, the stuff of life to knit blew hither: here am I. ...Now--for a breath I tarry nor yet disperse apart--take my hand quick and tell me, what have you in your heart." --Roger Zelazny
Amendment to section 2;3;a; posthumus Discussion
Am I taking crazy pills? 
Why are we ignoring the ruling made?
https://osiris.valthost.com/viewtopic.p ... 895/1/#new
Why are we ignoring the ruling made?
https://osiris.valthost.com/viewtopic.p ... 895/1/#new
Amendment to section 2;3;a; posthumus Discussion
The Judiciary interprets the law. The Legislature makes the law. The legislature is making the law. If there is a Court ruling on a legal matter, it is the opinions of the Court on how it should be interpreted as. However, that does not prevent the Deshret from changing the law, perhaps rendering the ruling void.Jakker wrote:Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:54 pmAm I taking crazy pills?
Why are we ignoring the ruling made?
https://osiris.valthost.com/viewtopic.p ... 895/1/#new
Andrew Grey-Anumia
Spoiler
- Former x2 term Minister of HA (TNP)
- Incumbent Deputy Min. of HA (TNP)
- Incumbent Court Justice (TNP)
- NPA Corporal (TNP)
- HA Mentoring Director (TNP)
- x3 Keeper of the Osiran Deshret (Osiris)
- x2 Scribe of Media (Osiris)
- Sekhmet Legion Corporal (Osiris)
- x3 Former Curator of the Deshret (Osiris)
- Councilor of the Deshret
- Former Deputy Director of the Assembly (Lazarus)
- Former Minister of War (Balder)
- Former Minister of Integration and Civic Service (Balder)
- Jomskivikings (Balder)
- x1 member of the Storting (Balder)
- x2 Member of the Senat (La France)
- x1 Prime Minister of La France
- x2 Member of Parliament (CoDN)
- Election Commissioner (TNP)
- x1 Minister of Foreign Affairs (CoDN)
- Interim Prime Minister (CoDN)
- Citizen of every GCR except TEP and TRR, Former Citizen of Europeia, Spiritus and CoDN. Citizen of Albion, KBG, UK, BI and Alexandria
Spoiler

Amendment to section 2;3;a; posthumus Discussion
Then what does these clauses of the State Code of Osiris mean?
3. The Pschent will have the power to nullify any law or portion of law that contradicts this Code, and to order the cessation of any government action that violates this Code or the laws of Osiris. The Pschent may only exercise this power if petitioned to do so by an affected citizen of Osiris.
Was the petition by Datford-Zyvetskistaahn not what clause 3 of Section 4 is referring to? Clearly, I'm not following5. Decisions by the Pschent amount to interpretation of the law, and those decisions and interpretation are binding on the Pschent and all government bodies and officials.
Amendment to section 2;3;a; posthumus Discussion
First, this debate does not belong in the throne room.
To that end I will split the thread and move it back into the debate thread on the amendment
Secondly to answer your question this is an amendment to the state code not a statutory law that the Pschent can simply nullify.
Since it is an amendment it does not conflict with the state code it is a part of the state code.
To that end I will split the thread and move it back into the debate thread on the amendment
Secondly to answer your question this is an amendment to the state code not a statutory law that the Pschent can simply nullify.
Since it is an amendment it does not conflict with the state code it is a part of the state code.
Alcon Enta
Fleet Marshal of Ainocra
Former Foreign Minister and Top Banana of Monkey Island
Former Keeper of the Deshret and Vizier of Osiris
"From far, from eve and morning and yon twelve-winded sky, the stuff of life to knit blew hither: here am I. ...Now--for a breath I tarry nor yet disperse apart--take my hand quick and tell me, what have you in your heart." --Roger Zelazny
Fleet Marshal of Ainocra
Former Foreign Minister and Top Banana of Monkey Island
Former Keeper of the Deshret and Vizier of Osiris
"From far, from eve and morning and yon twelve-winded sky, the stuff of life to knit blew hither: here am I. ...Now--for a breath I tarry nor yet disperse apart--take my hand quick and tell me, what have you in your heart." --Roger Zelazny
Amendment to section 2;3;a; posthumus Discussion
Ah ok. Thank you for clarifying and I apologize for thread jacking.
Amendment to section 2;3;a; posthumus Discussion
My pleasure and no worries
best to ask if you don't know
best to ask if you don't know
Alcon Enta
Fleet Marshal of Ainocra
Former Foreign Minister and Top Banana of Monkey Island
Former Keeper of the Deshret and Vizier of Osiris
"From far, from eve and morning and yon twelve-winded sky, the stuff of life to knit blew hither: here am I. ...Now--for a breath I tarry nor yet disperse apart--take my hand quick and tell me, what have you in your heart." --Roger Zelazny
Fleet Marshal of Ainocra
Former Foreign Minister and Top Banana of Monkey Island
Former Keeper of the Deshret and Vizier of Osiris
"From far, from eve and morning and yon twelve-winded sky, the stuff of life to knit blew hither: here am I. ...Now--for a breath I tarry nor yet disperse apart--take my hand quick and tell me, what have you in your heart." --Roger Zelazny