Given that we frequently have trouble staffing this job I think this bit should be stricken from the state code.[(a) The ministry of justice will be a mandatory executive ministry which must have a Scribe assigned to oversee it.]5
Amendment to section 2;3;a; posthumus Discussion
Moderator: Pharaoh
Amendment to section 2;3;a; posthumus Discussion
Alcon Enta
Fleet Marshal of Ainocra
Former Foreign Minister and Top Banana of Monkey Island
Former Keeper of the Deshret and Vizier of Osiris
"From far, from eve and morning and yon twelve-winded sky, the stuff of life to knit blew hither: here am I. ...Now--for a breath I tarry nor yet disperse apart--take my hand quick and tell me, what have you in your heart." --Roger Zelazny
Fleet Marshal of Ainocra
Former Foreign Minister and Top Banana of Monkey Island
Former Keeper of the Deshret and Vizier of Osiris
"From far, from eve and morning and yon twelve-winded sky, the stuff of life to knit blew hither: here am I. ...Now--for a breath I tarry nor yet disperse apart--take my hand quick and tell me, what have you in your heart." --Roger Zelazny
Amendment to section 2;3;a; posthumus Discussion
I do not support this proposed amendment. The inability to staff a well-founded (logical) position, particularly for the Ministry of Justice, does not mean the position should not exist.
Amendment to section 2;3;a; posthumus Discussion
I find that such a mandatory ministry runs counter to the powers designated to the executive
and in reality finding a qualified and willing candidate is nigh on impossible.
There has not been a justice minister appointed under the last several administrations, and the last one we did appoint and confirm was frankly a traitor.
In order to continue the duties of governance set forth by the State Code to the executive this line should be removed.
If you will recall we tried making several ministries mandatory a while back and it was soundly put down.
And that having a mandatory ministry in which the Pharaoh can simply dismiss the scribe at will to be somewhat silly. Also this does nothing to take into account the reality of the situation[3. The Pharaoh will have the power to appoint or remove any citizen as a senior cabinet official, styled Scribes of the Hedjet. Appointment of Scribes must be approved by the Deshret. Junior cabinet officials may be appointed at the discretion of the relevant Scribe.]3
and in reality finding a qualified and willing candidate is nigh on impossible.
There has not been a justice minister appointed under the last several administrations, and the last one we did appoint and confirm was frankly a traitor.
In order to continue the duties of governance set forth by the State Code to the executive this line should be removed.
If you will recall we tried making several ministries mandatory a while back and it was soundly put down.
Alcon Enta
Fleet Marshal of Ainocra
Former Foreign Minister and Top Banana of Monkey Island
Former Keeper of the Deshret and Vizier of Osiris
"From far, from eve and morning and yon twelve-winded sky, the stuff of life to knit blew hither: here am I. ...Now--for a breath I tarry nor yet disperse apart--take my hand quick and tell me, what have you in your heart." --Roger Zelazny
Fleet Marshal of Ainocra
Former Foreign Minister and Top Banana of Monkey Island
Former Keeper of the Deshret and Vizier of Osiris
"From far, from eve and morning and yon twelve-winded sky, the stuff of life to knit blew hither: here am I. ...Now--for a breath I tarry nor yet disperse apart--take my hand quick and tell me, what have you in your heart." --Roger Zelazny
Amendment to section 2;3;a; posthumus Discussion
I'm a little unsure how the responsibilities of the Pschent differs from that of the Justice Scribe.
"The Pschent of Osiris is the judicial court of Osiris. Elders of the Pschent are appointed by the Pharaoh and confirmed by the Deshret to hear criminal trials and to interpret the State Code and other laws of Osiris."
"The Priesthood of Seshat is the Department of Justice, responsible for prosecuting those accused of crimes against the Osiris Fraternal Order, maintaining a corps of public defenders to represent the accused, and issuing advisory opinions in response to legal questions posed by citizens."
"The Pschent of Osiris is the judicial court of Osiris. Elders of the Pschent are appointed by the Pharaoh and confirmed by the Deshret to hear criminal trials and to interpret the State Code and other laws of Osiris."
"The Priesthood of Seshat is the Department of Justice, responsible for prosecuting those accused of crimes against the Osiris Fraternal Order, maintaining a corps of public defenders to represent the accused, and issuing advisory opinions in response to legal questions posed by citizens."
Amendment to section 2;3;a; posthumus Discussion
The pschent is the supreme court. While the scribe oversees the department of justice.
One is staffed by lawyers the other is staffed by judges.
One is staffed by lawyers the other is staffed by judges.
Alcon Enta
Fleet Marshal of Ainocra
Former Foreign Minister and Top Banana of Monkey Island
Former Keeper of the Deshret and Vizier of Osiris
"From far, from eve and morning and yon twelve-winded sky, the stuff of life to knit blew hither: here am I. ...Now--for a breath I tarry nor yet disperse apart--take my hand quick and tell me, what have you in your heart." --Roger Zelazny
Fleet Marshal of Ainocra
Former Foreign Minister and Top Banana of Monkey Island
Former Keeper of the Deshret and Vizier of Osiris
"From far, from eve and morning and yon twelve-winded sky, the stuff of life to knit blew hither: here am I. ...Now--for a breath I tarry nor yet disperse apart--take my hand quick and tell me, what have you in your heart." --Roger Zelazny
Amendment to section 2;3;a; posthumus Discussion
The Scribe is basically a public attorney, yes? The Osiran version of the RL District Attorney?
~Pharaoh Emeritus of the Osiris Fraternal Order~
[8:02:13PM] Nuke: but how can you be more dangerous than festavo? now that guy is a real fucking OG
[8:02:46PM] Koth: Are you drunk, Nuke?

Spoiler
Revall wrote:: Festavo is an off his rocker cowboy capable of anything at the drop of a hat.
Skype Conversation excerpt:Plagentine wrote:: You got Festavo'd.
[8:02:13PM] Nuke: but how can you be more dangerous than festavo? now that guy is a real fucking OG
[8:02:46PM] Koth: Are you drunk, Nuke?
Valrifell wrote:God dammit Fest, you think too much!
Koth wrote:I'm a fucking raider, everyone else can blow me.
Spoiler

Amendment to section 2;3;a; posthumus Discussion
Essentially yes
Alcon Enta
Fleet Marshal of Ainocra
Former Foreign Minister and Top Banana of Monkey Island
Former Keeper of the Deshret and Vizier of Osiris
"From far, from eve and morning and yon twelve-winded sky, the stuff of life to knit blew hither: here am I. ...Now--for a breath I tarry nor yet disperse apart--take my hand quick and tell me, what have you in your heart." --Roger Zelazny
Fleet Marshal of Ainocra
Former Foreign Minister and Top Banana of Monkey Island
Former Keeper of the Deshret and Vizier of Osiris
"From far, from eve and morning and yon twelve-winded sky, the stuff of life to knit blew hither: here am I. ...Now--for a breath I tarry nor yet disperse apart--take my hand quick and tell me, what have you in your heart." --Roger Zelazny
Amendment to section 2;3;a; posthumus Discussion
Then it should be a position that needs to consistently be filled, yes?
~Pharaoh Emeritus of the Osiris Fraternal Order~
[8:02:13PM] Nuke: but how can you be more dangerous than festavo? now that guy is a real fucking OG
[8:02:46PM] Koth: Are you drunk, Nuke?

Spoiler
Revall wrote:: Festavo is an off his rocker cowboy capable of anything at the drop of a hat.
Skype Conversation excerpt:Plagentine wrote:: You got Festavo'd.
[8:02:13PM] Nuke: but how can you be more dangerous than festavo? now that guy is a real fucking OG
[8:02:46PM] Koth: Are you drunk, Nuke?
Valrifell wrote:God dammit Fest, you think too much!
Koth wrote:I'm a fucking raider, everyone else can blow me.
Spoiler

Amendment to section 2;3;a; posthumus Discussion
It's not been something we typically need. in fact until recently no case had actually gone to trial before the court.
It is my view that it makes organizing the hedjet needlessly more complicated than it should be. I see no real reason why this ministry should be singled out in the state code when others are not.
It is my view that it makes organizing the hedjet needlessly more complicated than it should be. I see no real reason why this ministry should be singled out in the state code when others are not.
Alcon Enta
Fleet Marshal of Ainocra
Former Foreign Minister and Top Banana of Monkey Island
Former Keeper of the Deshret and Vizier of Osiris
"From far, from eve and morning and yon twelve-winded sky, the stuff of life to knit blew hither: here am I. ...Now--for a breath I tarry nor yet disperse apart--take my hand quick and tell me, what have you in your heart." --Roger Zelazny
Fleet Marshal of Ainocra
Former Foreign Minister and Top Banana of Monkey Island
Former Keeper of the Deshret and Vizier of Osiris
"From far, from eve and morning and yon twelve-winded sky, the stuff of life to knit blew hither: here am I. ...Now--for a breath I tarry nor yet disperse apart--take my hand quick and tell me, what have you in your heart." --Roger Zelazny
Amendment to section 2;3;a; posthumus Discussion
Understood. Although, in the event that such a "DA" is necessitated by a court case, how will the case proceed without a DA? We could of course recruit one when needed but it would be in haste and it will postpone the case.