Statement from the Pharaoh Syberis

Home to the Pharaoh of Osiris, our Delegate, head of state, and head of government.

Moderator: Pharaoh

Syberis

Post by Syberis »

Hail Osiris.

This is an odd post, for me... it's not my usual short post, and it's not my standard political shitposting or weird trolling. This is a much more important post, and beyond all these ramblings, I hope that you listen to me and read this to the end; I hope it'll be a worthwhile read for all of us.

Easter is a time that we Sinkerites should be able to appreciate. It's a celebration of rebirth, of ascension, and of forgiveness. Those three things ultimately are necessary in any Sinker in order for it to thrive, and in order for it to grow. Sinkerites grow based on our own ambitions, and advance in this world based on what we can claw out for ourselves. We are reborn in our Sinker, whether by game mechanics or by choice, and we do what we must. But ultimately, the nature of our regions, small pockets of GCR madness in the midst of the game mean that we must also take a bit more... to be crass, shit than our larger bretheren. We must fight hostility from every direction, and ultimately, it does take its toll.

I am a rabble-rouser. I'm incredibly good at getting like-minded people riled up, spreading ideas, and taking an existing crowd and rousing it to a frenzy, if they agree with me. When they disagree, it's quite obviously less effective, but let's be real, I think anyone who knows me knows this to be the case. This skill makes me effective at working in a region, getting people riled up, and when our community was more active, drawing us in a direction I felt was best for the region.

What I am not, however, is a grower of a region, right now. That's understandable; I've never operated within any recruitment division of any major region. It's a weakness, and one I'm working to change. However, there's one fundamental problem there.

NO GCR DELEGATE SHOULD BE LEARNING BASIC FUNCTIONS OF THEIR JOB WHILE ON THE JOB, IF THOSE FUNCTIONS BEING DONE PROPERLY IS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY FOR THE CONTINUANCE OF THE GOVERNMENT.

So, today is the day that I announce my intent to abdicate. I will NOT be abdicating tonight. I will NOT be turning over the delegacy within the next couple of days. Altino and I will be discussing everything more in detail, with the assistance of the Viziers, Guardians, and Koth to create a plan that will work well for the region.

I'm tired, Osiris. And this isn't the place to complain and whine about the reasons for that, or the OOC reasons that I have had trouble with motivation. I'm not the kind of individual to use my OOC shit as a crutch, or to flame people during a statement like this. If Osiris truly wants to hear about that, we'll come up with a VC or radio bit where I discuss all the crap that's been going on, with the condition that it be kept apolitical. I'll air my concerns and discussions with historical context alone. Additionally, that conversation will happen at least three months into Altino's reign.

And that will go into the next, and most important point, Osiris. I named Altino my successor because she can do it. Because she has grown regions and helped them thrive, and with her at the helm, Osiris can thrive in a way it really hasn't in a while. And that's an amazing thing. I really think she can make this region thrive in a way it never has. I think she can turn this into an even more amazing community.

The core is there, and I'm putting this region in the hands of the person I would trust most with it. Osiris will be safe, will be secure, and most importantly, perhaps to me than the rest of you, I will not be leaving you. I will still be as active as I can make myself with my own issues, and I will work with Altino, under her command, to help advance the region. I will do it glady.

I hope you all will too. I love this region. Typing this hurt. A lot. And I was going to sign off with a snarky "Happy April Fool's" to troll you and make you wonder if any of it was real, but... I really, truly can't troll you guys about this in good faith. This is incredibly serious, incredibly personal to me, and ultimately, I pray that Altino will do a better job than I when it comes to growing this community.

You guys are fucking great. Even when we disagree. Even when we fight. Even when we're caught up in the stupid drama, we find a way to put our heads together and make things work. Our tenacity is amazing, and our will to survive and continue through so much drama is what made me fall in love with this region. We can do this. We can do anything, with the right crew.

Hail Osiris, my home. Long may we stand.
Spoiler
I'm not leaving you guys. I promise. If I have my way, I'll be in the region doing what I can to help until Max unplugs the game.
Greyghost wrote:Just because you're cute doesn't mean you're not suspicious <_<
Chalice wrote:Comrade Syberis was talking about the joys of Osirian Fraternity.
Syberis

Post by Syberis »

- Reserved for future updates -
Greyghost wrote:Just because you're cute doesn't mean you're not suspicious <_<
Chalice wrote:Comrade Syberis was talking about the joys of Osirian Fraternity.
Koth
The Root of All Evil
The Root of All Evil

Honors

Post by Koth »

Love you, bro. I'm here for anything you need during the transition.

#osirisstrong

His Majesty Ambroscus Koth Vytherov, Hasal-Pharaoh, Bru'uh of Osiris
Khetemtai in the House of Sekhmet
Recipient of the Crown of Osiris
Recipient of the Violet Jewel of Atum

Yuno

Post by Yuno »

Altino will be a fearsomely efficient delegate (better than
Pierconium) with your mentoring, Pharoah Syberis
Spoiler
[6/4/2016 8:28:50 PM] Lord Mazrim Rahl (Biyah): yo Yuno, since you missed it.
[6/4/2016 8:28:54 PM] Lord Mazrim Rahl (Biyah): [6/3/2016 17:12:42] Gradea Sanguine: On 04/06/2016, at 7:18 AM, Yuno wrote:
> I-II finished all my regents!
Regents?
[6/3/2016 19:34:30] Lord Mazrim Rahl (Biyah): obviously she was gathering spell regents, so she could cast her end-of-term mass death spell. Young sorceress' must kill their Master before they are allowed to leave.
[6/3/2016 19:35:52] Gradea Sanguine: Makes sense
[6/3/2016 19:36:39] Lord Mazrim Rahl (Biyah): Hence, pray she learns well and doesn't have a dunce as a teacher... else the next generation that kills her will be weak, snobby and only half-trained. That is how society falls
[6/3/2016 19:37:30] Lord Mazrim Rahl (Biyah): I am a proud member of MAWS. Men against weak sorcerers/eses
[6/3/2016 19:38:13] Lord Mazrim Rahl (Biyah): (When Yuno comes back, she's gonna blink a few times)
Altino
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Altino »

Hail, Syb. You've been amazing. I honestly couldn't have dreamed of better support in my NS journey, and I think a lot of Osirans can say the same. As ever, we're here however you need us, in whatever ways you need us. :) ❤️
Altino Asteorra
Hasal-Pharaoh of Osiris
Karma Sage
Occasional Punstress
Very, very fond of owls
{o,o}
|)__)
-”-”-
Wymondham

Honors

Post by Wymondham »

Hail Syb, I'm not sure how to find the right words for this so I'll keep it as short as possible. Your were fucking amazing man, and I and every other Osirian are here for you, I look forward to working with you again in Osiris. Hail Syberis, Hail Osiris, Osiris Forever
His Grace, The Lord Master Wymondham Lacerta, Heritepa'a of Akhmim, Hatyaa and Member of the Ancient Order of Ma'at
Spoiler
Spoiler

Regional Honours:
Heritepa'a of Akhmim (January 2 2020)
Hatyaa (October 26 2018)
Member of the Ancient Order of Ma'at (5 April 2019):

Nuclear War Survivor:
The Legion April 2017:

Syberian Badgers with Caek:

Osiris NSWF:

RMB Dream Team:

Osiris Oracle:

Politics Amino Refound:
Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler
Positions:

Priest 6 July 2019 - 6 June 2021
Vizier of Community Affairs 5 April 2020 - 6 June 2021
Guardian 26 February 2020 - 6 June 2021
Liwaa' of the Sekhmet Legion
Vizier of Foreign Affairs (19 October 2019 - 5 April 2020)
Chief Scribe(1st March 2018 - 1st March 2019)
Molazim of the Sekhmet Legion:

Deputy Scribe (OFO 2.0 Scroll of Horus) (11 December 2017 - 1 March 2018)
Deputy Scribe X2 (OFO 2.0 Scroll of Ma'at) (April 19 2017 - 1 October 2017)
Sub Vizier for the Sekhmet Legion X2 (OFO 2.0 Scroll of Ma'at) (3 July 2017 - 11 December 2017)
Fariq' Awwal of the Sekhmet Legion
Sygian

Post by Sygian »

I like your very straightforward, no-bullshit approach when you address Osiris. You've done good, and I'm proud of you boss.

Sub-Vizier of Foreign Affairs
Patriarch of House Akhenaten
Baron of Koptos
Spoiler
Guardian
Chief Vizier
Chief Scribe
Vizier of WA Affairs (2x)
Forum Administrator
Spoiler
North East Somerset

Post by North East Somerset »

Best of luck with everything, and congrats to Altino for this future role.
Diaz

Post by Diaz »

:O :blink: :unsure:

I am sorry to hear that Pharaoh Syberis, but also many thanks and very best wishes for the future in everything that you do.

Very best wishes also to Altino in taking on this great office.

(Turns to large assembled hall of millions of Tiparuan citizens... Diaz: Ok folks. Altogether now!

The hall echoes to repeated chants of:

All Hail Syberis!

All Hail Altino!

All Hail Osiris!

:osiris: :legion: :agree:

)
Sub specie aeternitatus

The Republic of Tiparu
Jakuzure
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Jakuzure »

Good luck in everything you do next, Syberis. :> And I can't wait to see Altino as Delegate, to be honest. :P

Return to “Hall of Osiris”