[Passed] Constitutional Convention Amendment

Moderator: Pharaoh

Cormac

Honors

Post by Cormac »

This is fairly straightforward. I'm proposing a process for the Council of Scribes to call a Constitutional Convention, for the purpose of rewriting the constitution and laws of Osiris. To be absolutely clear, should this amendment pass, I will be moving to call a Constitutional Convention. With months of extremely low activity, it's time to discuss whether the constitution appropriate for the circumstances of last year remains appropriate, or if significant changes to increase interest and improve activity are needed.
Constitutional Convention Amendment Section 1: Amendment to the Scroll of Ma'at

(1) The following will be amended into the Scroll of Ma'at as Article II, Section 3:
Amendment Text wrote:Section 3: Constitutional Conventions

(1) The Council of Scribes may, with the assent of the Pharaoh, call a Constitutional Convention, comprised of all citizens, for the purpose of rewriting the regional constitution.
(2) A motion for a Constitutional Convention may be made according to the same procedure for moving legislation to vote. The calling of a Constitutional Convention will require a two-thirds majority vote of the Council of Scribes.
(3) A Constitutional Convention will be administered according to rules adopted at the beginning of the Convention. In order to pass a Constitutional Convention, a new constitution must be approved by a two-thirds majority vote of the Convention and receive the assent of the Pharaoh.
(4) During a Constitutional Convention, this Scroll of Ma'at and all laws in effect under this Scroll of Ma'at will remain in force unless amended or repealed by the Council of Scribes according to standard procedure. A new constitution passed by a Constitutional Convention will automatically repeal and replace this Scroll of Ma'at.
(5) Should a Constitutional Convention fail to pass a new constitution for Osiris following a one month period, the Constitutional Convention may, with the assent of the Pharaoh, be adjourned by simple majority vote of the Convention. Upon passing a new constitution, the Constitutional Convention will automatically be adjourned.
Spoiler
Constitutional Convention Amendment Section 1: Amendment to the Scroll of Ma'at

(1) The following will be amended into the Scroll of Ma'at as Article II, Section 3:
Amendment Text wrote:Section 3: Constitutional Conventions

(1) The Council of Scribes may call a Constitutional Convention, comprised of all citizens, when it wishes to debate the fundamental principles and structures of the government of Osiris for the purpose of rewriting the regional constitution and laws.
(2) A motion for a Constitutional Convention may be made according to the same procedure for moving legislation to vote. The calling of a Constitutional Convention will require a two-thirds majority vote of the Council of Scribes, which will not be subject to veto by the Pharaoh.
(3) A Constitutional Convention will be administered according to rules adopted at the beginning of the Convention. In order to pass a Constitutional Convention, new laws must be approved by a two-thirds majority vote of the Convention. Laws passed by the Convention will not be subject to veto by the Pharaoh.
(4) During a Constitutional Convention, this Scroll of Ma'at and all laws in effect under this Scroll of Ma'at will remain in force unless amended or repealed by the Council of Scribes according to standard procedure. A new constitution passed by a Constitutional Convention will automatically repeal and replace this Scroll of Ma'at.
(5) Should a Constitutional Convention fail to pass a new constitution for Osiris following a one month period, the Constitutional Convention may be adjourned by simple majority vote of the Convention. Upon passing a new constitution, the Constitutional Convention will automatically be adjourned.
His Majesty Cormac Skollvaldr
Bru'uh of Osiris - Co-Founder of the Osiris Fraternal Order
Hasal-Pharaoh of Osiris (3x)
Khetemtai in the House of Osiris

"Follow your arrow wherever it points." - Kacey Musgraves, "Follow Your Arrow"
Transdavisia

Post by Transdavisia »

You have my support.

[11:18:38 PM] Knot: Brihimia wins gold.
Spoiler
Wrektopia

Post by Wrektopia »

There's actually already a process.
Ryan "Wrek It" Rahl, son of dAdytus
Cormac

Honors

Post by Cormac »

This turned out to be massively unpopular on Discord, so I'm withdrawing it.

Cormac

Honors

Post by Cormac »

Several months and not much more activity later, I'm reopening this discussion.

My original draft has been modified to require the explicit assent of the Pharaoh to initiate a constitutional convention, to pass a new constitution, and to adjourn a constitutional convention that has failed to produce a new constitution.

Wymondham

Honors

Post by Wymondham »

I support this amendment as although I am possibly putting my job on the line here I am extremely unhappy with A the joke that is the "vizier of memes "position for Christ's sake this is a government not a kids playground and 2. The inactivity but the government as a whole in particular the Cheif Scribe
His Grace, The Lord Master Wymondham Lacerta, Heritepa'a of Akhmim, Hatyaa and Member of the Ancient Order of Ma'at
Spoiler
Spoiler

Regional Honours:
Heritepa'a of Akhmim (January 2 2020)
Hatyaa (October 26 2018)
Member of the Ancient Order of Ma'at (5 April 2019):

Nuclear War Survivor:
The Legion April 2017:

Syberian Badgers with Caek:

Osiris NSWF:

RMB Dream Team:

Osiris Oracle:

Politics Amino Refound:
Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler
Positions:

Priest 6 July 2019 - 6 June 2021
Vizier of Community Affairs 5 April 2020 - 6 June 2021
Guardian 26 February 2020 - 6 June 2021
Liwaa' of the Sekhmet Legion
Vizier of Foreign Affairs (19 October 2019 - 5 April 2020)
Chief Scribe(1st March 2018 - 1st March 2019)
Molazim of the Sekhmet Legion:

Deputy Scribe (OFO 2.0 Scroll of Horus) (11 December 2017 - 1 March 2018)
Deputy Scribe X2 (OFO 2.0 Scroll of Ma'at) (April 19 2017 - 1 October 2017)
Sub Vizier for the Sekhmet Legion X2 (OFO 2.0 Scroll of Ma'at) (3 July 2017 - 11 December 2017)
Fariq' Awwal of the Sekhmet Legion
Adytus

Post by Adytus »

What would this new constitution look like?
The Anarchic Republic of AdytusLord Sarah of House Rahl, the Mirkhan Clan Syb: Ady is my favorite pervy CV.
Wrek: Adytus is just the personification of 69.
Cormac

Honors

Post by Cormac »

Adytus wrote:Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:45 pmWhat would this new constitution look like?
The one I have in mind would be much more Delegate-based than our current constitution.

It's important to emphasize though that this would be a convention, and others would be able to put forward ideas as well.

Adytus

Post by Adytus »

I motion to vote.
The Anarchic Republic of AdytusLord Sarah of House Rahl, the Mirkhan Clan Syb: Ady is my favorite pervy CV.
Wrek: Adytus is just the personification of 69.
Wymondham

Honors

Post by Wymondham »

Seconded
His Grace, The Lord Master Wymondham Lacerta, Heritepa'a of Akhmim, Hatyaa and Member of the Ancient Order of Ma'at
Spoiler
Spoiler

Regional Honours:
Heritepa'a of Akhmim (January 2 2020)
Hatyaa (October 26 2018)
Member of the Ancient Order of Ma'at (5 April 2019):

Nuclear War Survivor:
The Legion April 2017:

Syberian Badgers with Caek:

Osiris NSWF:

RMB Dream Team:

Osiris Oracle:

Politics Amino Refound:
Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler
Positions:

Priest 6 July 2019 - 6 June 2021
Vizier of Community Affairs 5 April 2020 - 6 June 2021
Guardian 26 February 2020 - 6 June 2021
Liwaa' of the Sekhmet Legion
Vizier of Foreign Affairs (19 October 2019 - 5 April 2020)
Chief Scribe(1st March 2018 - 1st March 2019)
Molazim of the Sekhmet Legion:

Deputy Scribe (OFO 2.0 Scroll of Horus) (11 December 2017 - 1 March 2018)
Deputy Scribe X2 (OFO 2.0 Scroll of Ma'at) (April 19 2017 - 1 October 2017)
Sub Vizier for the Sekhmet Legion X2 (OFO 2.0 Scroll of Ma'at) (3 July 2017 - 11 December 2017)
Fariq' Awwal of the Sekhmet Legion

Return to “Palace of the Scribes”